Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Park3r
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone love their OB?

I love my OB too! I even ask her for the name of her ped since I didn't like mine at the time. And guess what? I lover her too!

Advertisement

Park3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
hmmclever
Registered Users
seller

YES! I see two OB's one male, one female and a midwife (but she doesnt deliver any more, just sees patients) I like them all, but honestly the male OB is is probably my fav. he is VERY pro-natural birth and super personable. I had the midwife with DS1 and ended up with a c-section (i still like her dont get me wrong) but since she doesnt deliver any more was "forced" to see the OB's which really turned into a blessing because they are really great and supportive of VBACS AND I really love the hospital where I deliver too, everyone has been super nice, in fact, before we had our first i had thought about having a homebirth for like the next one, although we ended up VBACing and I wanted to be at the hospital, but honestly I dont think I'll ever want a home birth now...i like birthing at a hospital!
Laura, wife to my hard working husband Brandan, mom to Luke (5/08) and my VBAC babies Clara (12/09) Asher (4/11) and Lydia (3/13). "I expect to pass through life but once, if, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not deter it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn
hmmclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my OB/GYN. He is wonderful and he is in practice with a great nurse midwife also. She will never get the opportunity to deliver me due to hospital policy about VBAC's but she is wonderful as well. She checked on me tons when Ethan was born. My DH even goes out with the OB for drinks. HE has been wonderful to me, not to mention that he has done several surgeries for my endo as well. We have a great relationship and I trust his judgment with everything.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are 5 OBs in the practice I attend ~ 3 women and 2 men.
There is one of the females I don't like, she almost killed dd1.
There is the other female that is nice, but I wouldn't chose her again (botched my second c-section incision and it took me way too long to heal.

The third female is AMAZING!! She delivered dd2 and will deliver this babe too.
She just has a really great personality and takes the time to get to know her patients.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #15
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved my second OBGYN. He was just a back up and I saw him for the first 20 weeks (I was also seeing my MW the whole time). I homebirthed so he wasn't there, but if I were to transfer he was who I was going to. Our area is pretty homebirth friendly.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first, I used my family practice dr and loved her. The whole birth experience was amazing and she was a big part of that. My pregnancy sucked, but that wasn't her fault, obviously. I was just sick from start to finish. It was nice not having to find a ped or anything. Plus, she delivered both of my nephews, within a year of me and she knows our whole family. We are also neighbors. However, she stopped doing obstetrics to be with her teenage daughters more. I can't blame her, but goodness I was so sad. At least she will be the baby's dr and will release him/her.
I really like the practice I am in now. There are 6 female doctors. The assistants and doctors are all great. My dr, in particular, is so reassuring and easy to talk with. I don't feel rushed at appts and she is willing to answer any questions at all. I don't know for sure that she will deliver me, but I am not concerned, since the others in the practice are great, too! Our little community hospital is great, too! The birth center is very quiet and peaceful. I wouldn't want to deliver anywhere else or with any other dr.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do!
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #18
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine was great. She supported my c section, and supported a VBA2C.
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #19
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I adore my ob! So much that I moved an hour and a half away, and I still make the drive to keep seeing her. I couldn't imagine anyone else delivering my baby.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #20
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Me! Me! I have been with him for 15 years (dx with endometriosis at 15) and he delivered both of our daughters. The practice has recently added a midwife, and I am considering using her when we have another, but I will feel like I am cheating on my doc! I tell him all the time that if we ever move, he's coming with us!