Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone love their OB?

I love my OB, he diagnosed me with endometriosis, when no other doctor even suspected it based on my symptoms. I feel like everyone else blew me off. Anyway, my OB has also delivered all 3 of my girls. He happened to be on call every time. He was in a practice with one other doctor, and had other doctors from another practice that they rotated through to cover on call shifts. Now he is in a practice with the one other OB in addition to 3 other OB's. I like them all okay, but I do have my 2 favorites. Oh, and I'm thinking I might like the one of the other OB's better, but I haven't come to a definite conclusion on that just yet. My OB may retire soon so I'll switch when he does retire.

ETA-- I used to work with my OB. I was a registered nurse at the hospital where he has privileges.

Advertisement

Last edited by staceyroo77; 02-18-2011 at 12:54 PM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #22
BlueDahlia
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had an OB and a midwife in the past that I really really liked, but I'm not so in love with any of the providers at my current practice. I plan to look for a new doctor after the birth of my second baby.
BlueDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #23
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My OB has been excellent! i had a fabulous on call midwife with my first delivery and I thought about switching to her, but the doc she works under just doesn't have "people" skills and so I just kept my other OB. He is compassionate and he is a little crazy-conservative when it comes to natural stuff, but he is willing to work with me and honor my desires for a natural labor- he trusts me I guess you could say, so I'm really happy with the relationship and feel like we can communicate.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #24
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I really liked my OB by the end. I had wanted a MW, but the fertility clinic we used wouldn't transfer care until after 7wks, and that was too late to get on the MW roster.

At first I was skeptical of my OB (he's older - I think 60yrs+ ), works with older equipment, seems oblivious to some stuff. Turns out I was making assumptions and I suspect I was being agist . He's not oblivious, he's just fairly laid-back and relaxed after so many years of delivering babes. He was pro natural births, avoided unnecessary interventions, and completely supported me when the night nurse was pushing an epidural when all I wanted was morphine (this was after 12 hrs of labour, severely dehydrated from vomiting & waters broke, and she wanted me to do the epi b/c 'I'd need it soon anyways, and the anesthesiologist was in NOW' )

My OB did miss my birth and the FABULOUS day nurse grabbed another nurse from the floor who was also a MW to catch DD.
MsGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #25
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Ob Dr this time is great

(I've lived in differant states....ummm differant parts of the world this time for each pregnancy...so having the same one is near imposible)

anyways this time around, he listens and remembers stuff!!! he knows what he's doing with my Gestational diabetes and shows my kids things if they are at the apt....meaning he let my YDD use the doppler and my ODD got to help measure my belly this last time so he's kid friendly also.....

he's very easy going and is very booked for apts, so I know others love him also

all that said...I have no idea on his stance on natural births and c-sections....
but it's also NOT guarnetted that he'd deliver anyways ( I have to see who ever is on call that day/night)