Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
can't decide what to do pictures or 3D/4D

I know we had one other thread about this, but.....

With DS we did a home belly cast and 3D/4D Ultrasound. We did not do any maternity pictures. This time I was thinking I might do pictures and cast (have plenty supplies for that), because the pictures might be cheaper than the ultrasound. I asked my photographer friends about cost and they want to still charge me like $125+ for pictures. I can have the Ultrasound done for $120, so pictures are not any cheaper, unless I go to Olan Mills and get like 1 pose. I have some photo experience, so I may be able to do some of my own with DH help.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Bevytp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can't decide what to do pictures or 3D/4D

I am doing both. I go in about 3 wks for the 3d/4d ultrasound and then im doing my maternity pics in mid april. I didn't do maternity pics with my first so I really wanted to with this one. I also didn't get very good ultrasounds picture when I went in around 18wks and was dissapointed So I really wanted to get better ones. I also already have newborn pictures sched for when the LO comes along too lol I have gone a little picture happy lately.

I think if I had to choose btwn one or the other, I would do maternity pictures. I told dh that it is our last set of pictures as a family of 3. I am doing not just ones of me, but with dh and dd as well. So its more like a family maternity shoot.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: can't decide what to do pictures or 3D/4D

I'd do maternity pictures for sure between the two. You can even turn them into your yearly family portrait which makes them a little more "useful" for decorating your home or nursery. I like my ultrasound pictures of both DD and this LO but I LOVE my maternity pictures. They are so much more emotion tied for me and look so striking on my walls.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote