Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Food Inventory Question!

Hi there!

I have read that when menu planning I should start with a detailed inventory of everything in the kitchen right down to the spices. Do any of you use a template found online to make this process a little more organized? I am sooo overwhelmed. This is much needed in our house but I think might be a little too time consuming. Help me make this easier pleeease! Any tips links or advice from you wise ones is greatly appreciated!

Thanks kitchen queens!!!

Mommy to 4 Boys and 1 Girl and 2 fur babies!
hypmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Food Inventory Question!

we used google spreadsheet to make an inventory document and then never updated it. I don't think this is essential to meal planning. I think you can start by making a list of dishes you plan to cook each week and then checking that you have what you need. Making a list and then keeping it up to date is pretty time consuming and I found that I have a pretty good inventory list in my head!
saralovesdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Food Inventory Question!

I don't typically inventory my spices and such, just pantry, fridge and freezers. I, do, however check my spices and baking staples to make sure I have enough to make what I put on my menu plan. If I think I'm going to run out of something, then I add it to my grocery list.

I may not be the greatest person to give advice though, I've completely blown the February food budget (like blew it by day 4 ! )
Kristin, wife to Dan (16 years) , mom to Abby (14)
Emma (12) and Owen (7)
I cd my daycare kids! That's why I still hang out here!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote