Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
help please refund?

So I sold a nice mama a cute little knit dress on here that I purchased off spots a while back. When I bought the dress it was sold to me with another as handmade. I paid a bunch for them got them loved them didn't see anything wrong with them and put them in the closet. We didn't ever use these so I took them out and put them on here and listed them to the best of my knowledge with the information I had from the other mama. Long story short she got the dress and she says its not hand made. She says it has a tag with washing instructions and that she did research and found it at the children's place. She now wants a full refund and wants me to pay shipping to get it back to me. I told her I would be happy to refund her money but that shipping it back was not my responsibility. She paid 14 for it and I also told her I would partially refund her 8 dollars if she would be happy with that. Am I doing the right thing or do I need to pay shipping to get it back to me? I truly have no idea that these were not hand made. I saw them liked them bought them and never thought twice about it. I just want us both to be happy and I really don't want neg feedback but she didn't ask any questions. I gave her my addy and she paid right away. Its a very pretty dress and she only paid 14 for it I feel even being not hand made its worth that. I just want to do the right thing. Advice please???

Advertisement

luckymomma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: help please refund?

Hmmm. Toughie. I would be inclined to say though that if you described it as handmade, and it wasn't, then you are responsible to refund her money AND pay return shipping....unless you guys can come up with a different agreement.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes it was described as hand man as I thought it was but I guess it's not. I was just going off of what I was told. I'm bummed!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I'd almost rather just refund her and let her keep it rather than dealing with the shipping thing. I really just want her to be happy because I have all positive fb to this point
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:

Personally, I think you are responsible for the shipping if you want it sent back to you. It's not her fault it's not handmade and you had listed it as such (even though you didn't know). It really sucks though.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
nhawkins16
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know it stinks for you, but if it was misrepresented in the listing (even unintentionally) I think the seller should pay for shipping back. She prob would not have purchased it if she thought it wasn't handmade.