Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Easy Recipes - Learning to cook

okay...I'm a terrible cook but I am trying and would like to learn more recipes so I can help hubby out more. I'm really good with things that go in the crock pot and I have a great cheesy hashbrown casserole that hubby always requests. Anyone have any simple, easy, can't mess up() recipes to suggest? Thank you!!

abbysmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Easy Recipes - Learning to cook

Sure, what kinds of food do your family like??

Tuna Casserole:

One bag Egg Noodles
One can tuna
One can cream of mushroom soup
half soup can of milk
peas or corn

Cook noodles as per bag directions. Drain and return to pot. Add soup and milk. Drain tuna and watch for bones. Put tuna and peas in pot. Add salt and pepper. Stir together. Simmer for 10-15 minutes to heat through.
I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Registered Users

These aren't the healthiest, but here are a couple of easy no-fail recipes I used a lot when I was first learning to cook (well, I am still learning ):

Green bean casserole:

1lb hamburger, browned and drained
1-2 cans green beans, drained (I usually use two, or a bag of frozen)
1-2 cans cream of celery soup (or your choice of "cream of" soup). Again, I often use two, but depends on how you like it

Mix the above ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Top with a single layer of tater tots (usually about 1/2 bag or so) and cook in the oven according to heat/time listed on tater tots package.

For a variant on this recipe, just use corn instead of green beans, and tomato soup instead of "cream of" soup.
Casey, loving wife to John and mommy to Elsa (3/29/09) and Henry (4/28/11)
Earn $$$ for internet searches with Swagbucks!
petuniajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm too tired to post a recipe right now, I'm afraid I'd mess something up..but I'll come back tomorrow and give you some of our favorite recipes that are pretty easy. For instance.. my yummy, and easy to make! Along with some others.

God bless!
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Reall Easy Chicken Parm

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
Mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
Parmesan cheese

Pound chicken to inch.Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.
Top with mozzarella. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad.

I now make my own spaghetti sauce & its SO much better than jarred sauce, but this was a go-to meal I could make with confidence my 1st year being married also throw in some FRESH basil & garlic and mix it in the sauce... so good!

Last edited by Momma0918; 02-21-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Momma0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Registered Users

Taco Soup (7 can soup)

1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can chopped green chilies (hot or medium)
1 can chili beans 12 oz.
1 can kidney beans 12 oz.
1 can diced rotel tomatoes and chilies
1 can diced stewed tomatoes
2 cans water (24 oz. of water)

Brown the beef and add taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix while simmering. Add remaining ingredients to a crock pot. I cooked it on low four 4-6 hours. Added cheese and ate fritos scoops with it! My mom likes sour cream added as well.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
Registered Users
Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a pan and sprinkle with spice mixture of (1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp coarse salt, 1/4 tsp cumin). Bake 45 min at 350 or until 180 in the center.

Ten min before that is done, prepare a box of couscous mix, comes with seasoning. We like the toasted pine nut one. When all the water is absorbed toss in some diced Roma tomatoes or drained can diced tomatoes and a handful of fresh spinach. Toss until spinach is wilted and all ingredients are well mixed. Top with some Parmesan cheese.
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote