Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: We found something that worked!

awesome! one thing to note about prefolds - while trifolding works great for kids eating solids, it doesn't work at all (at least it didn't for us) with newborns who are breastfed. DH and i were a little clueless at first, and we used a diaper service. The instructions were to trifold - you can imagine how messy that got, especially if the cover wasn't on tight enough! i'm surprised we stuck with CDs considering all the blowouts we had in those first two months or so. then we discovered snappis and my mom gave me her old diaper pins. also check out the jellyroll fold - works great too.

i need more flats for our stash, and maybe more PFs too. i'm going to try fitteds with this newbie as well - we used them at night for DS when he was super-soaking, but never really during the day.

Advertisement

sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
Little Stitch
Registered Users
Formerly: bjoyyoder
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
awesome! one thing to note about prefolds - while trifolding works great for kids eating solids, it doesn't work at all (at least it didn't for us) with newborns who are breastfed. DH and i were a little clueless at first, and we used a diaper service. The instructions were to trifold - you can imagine how messy that got, especially if the cover wasn't on tight enough! i'm surprised we stuck with CDs considering all the blowouts we had in those first two months or so. then we discovered snappis and my mom gave me her old diaper pins. also check out the jellyroll fold - works great too.

i need more flats for our stash, and maybe more PFs too. i'm going to try fitteds with this newbie as well - we used them at night for DS when he was super-soaking, but never really during the day.
Lisa is sooo right! The snappi is really a MUST! For the newborn stage for sure ad we actually have always used it because we use pull-on covers. Lisa, I've collected a few NB fitteds that I think will be good for the itty bitty stage so DH can help with changing her. He's not a flat master
Little Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
jpsgirl
Registered Users
seller

Glad you found something that works for you. I have a friend that makes diapers, so I bought all the fabric and she is making a bunch for me. I tried prefolds with my daughter and just could not get the hang of it. Did you find coupon codes for the thirsties covers? I've been wanting to order some and would love it if I could get them for cheaper.
jpsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lisa & Bethany - I do have snappis for the baby! I would use them for the toddler too but the premium prefolds that I have aren't big enough (he's huge!) to use them. I had heard that tri-folding doesn't work for babies so I think I am prepared, I used one of my sons stuffed bears to teach myself different folds, lol!
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sounds like you're in good shape then! i can't wait to try different folds on this newbie, since i totally missed out on that last time around the infant PFs i picked up off of FSOT are tie dye and embellished, so they're going to look adorable!

Bethany - yeah i'm not even sure how DH will do with our KLO fitteds - he has trouble with snaps. lol. so i just bought a bunch of LL fitteds with aplix, and i suppose i'll save those for DH to use
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lisa - My DH is kind of a diapering idiot!! I mean he tries.. poor guy.. but he's just not good at putting diapers on. He can't even put a sposie on right most of the time, he'll pull one side really tight and leave the other loose. I try to stick with diapers with aplix just to make things easier for him but I usually end up fixing the diapers after he puts them on anyway.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
Old 02-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
Little Stitch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL I usually end up fixing the diapers after DH puts them on too!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

you ladies are better than me - DH does more diaper changes than I do (he's home more with DS thanks to my long commute ) and so we just end up with leaks once i even saw DS playing with his poo, because DH didn't put the diaper on tight enough and it was coming out of the edges! ick! DH did clean-up on that one, and he got another tutorial on making sure there are no leg gaps. lol.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
Little Stitch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww sounds like you have one sweet DH Lisa! Diaper skills aside - any DH that cleans up poo and would take the time to look up a tute on diaper folding would earn some serious points in my book! My DH is absolutely disgusted by poo and stays as far from it as possible! LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH doesn't change poo unless it's in a sposie!! I think he WOULD if he had to but right now we're both home all of the time (this sounds so bad, we're not lazy but we're both under doctors orders not to work!) so I don't mind changing the poo since he's very supportive of using cloth as long as he's not changing poo.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13