Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Those with LO's who are still BFing and can talk....

just curious.. what do your LO's say about BFing? I'm sure they have some super cute things to say.. my oldest is 16 and only got breastmilk until he was 6 weeks (long story I was 16 and he was in the hospital the first 2 weeks of his life and it was impossible to get him to latch after bottle feeding that long) and now my DD is 8 months.. I'm just curious what she is thinking about it! lol! I know weird!

Advertisement

L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Re: Those with LO's who are still BFing and can talk....

Mine talks, but hasn't said a whole lot about nursing yet. It does make my heart melt when he points to my boobs and goes "mmmmmmMMMmmm, gulk (his word for milk)!" He also asks for "more" pretty frequently.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just finished nursing my almost two year old and he would say (even after we stopped and just the day before yesterday too) "I want it, Muk" but now that it's been a month, after he says it I do a sly smile and then we both just laugh.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

My little guy can't talk too much yet, but he says "mo mo mo mo" when he wants milk. He signs milk, more milk, more milk please, and all done--more milk at different times.

My absolute favorite is when he finishes one side, signs "all done" then looks at the other side & signs "more milk please".

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
patooty
Registered Users
seller

boo-ba like the tv show. dont they look like breasts anyways

Homeschooling, Above Rubies reading, :bf support, semi- crunchy, selective- vaxing, family bed, home birthing, AP mama to 5 princesses, 1 intact prince and some gone before us. Recovered addict to I live here : I water birthed unassisted by choice to birthday triplets
patooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

My girl is a big talker, but for nursing, she doesn't say a lot other than functional discussion. Though yesterday she finished and then just said quietly, Yummm. Her tone of voice kind of made me giggle.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
swedishmaiden
Registered Users
seller

My daughter mostly just says "please" ("sssss" or signs it) and tries to pull down my shirt. Sometimes she'll say "num num num" if she wants to eat! But she doesn't have a word for milk.
swedishmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishmaiden View Post
My daughter mostly just says "please" ("sssss" or signs it) and tries to pull down my shirt. Sometimes she'll say "num num num" if she wants to eat! But she doesn't have a word for milk.
MY daughter says please too, but it's more like "poosh", and then when I am getting ready, she'll say, "Yay!" really loud. It's sooo cute.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny story how my DD weaned... she was 2 years and 9 months at the time, and I was encouraging her to wean. We were in bed one day, and she asked for 'nigh nigh' (her word for nursing). I said no, not right now, and she got ANGRY!! She got down off the bed, stomped her foot and said "Fine! Stupid nigh nigh!" And honest to goodness, she never nursed agian. That was that.
And new foster parents to BABY BOY born 12/2015

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
babyaurora
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerica View Post
Funny story how my DD weaned... she was 2 years and 9 months at the time, and I was encouraging her to wean. We were in bed one day, and she asked for 'nigh nigh' (her word for nursing). I said no, not right now, and she got ANGRY!! She got down off the bed, stomped her foot and said "Fine! Stupid nigh nigh!" And honest to goodness, she never nursed agian. That was that.
Thats really cute.
babyaurora is offline   Reply With Quote