Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a fetal doppler?

I have considered purchasing a fetal doppler. Do you have one and if so what brand/model. Do you like it and do you feel it is accurate? Is it safe for baby?

I am not looking to spend a fortune, this is probably my last pregnancy so it will only be used for a short time!

Advertisement

Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: Do you have a fetal doppler?

You could always rent one! Babybeats has nice dopplers you can rent for as long or as little amount of time as you want, and the price is reasonable.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used a hi bebe a couple times during my pg since I was having a UP. worked great, heard HB at 16 weeks. I would not buy one if you are getting prenatal care elsewhere and I would never buy new since you would only be able to sell for $60 anyway.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had an Angel Sounds (~$30 on Amazon) and LOVED IT. I was very paranoid because a midwife told me when I was 7 weeks pregnant that I was having a missed miscarriage because my hormone levels weren't doubling like she thought they should. Healthy baby boy was born 6 weeks ago but I was super paranoid up until I could feel him moving. Even after I could feel movement, I would use the doppler if I thought it had been too long since he moved.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by Rdesonia; 03-19-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I have a Sonoline B with the LCD screen. I got it off EBAY new for a little under $60.00. I got it at 15 weeks and found the heartbeat easily. I'm 19 weeks now and I love it! Hubby loves to check the heartbeat at night and it makes him feel close to the baby since he can't feel it move very much.
This is what I have as well. Got it on amazon for about $55. I was able to hear baby's heartbeat about 11-12 weeks
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I bought one years ago with my 2nd child. It then was used by 2 family members and again with this baby. I stopped using it once I could feel baby. It was really nice in the early days when you are so worried and just need that reassurance sometimes. I'd just go lay down, find the heartbeat, and go about my day knowing baby was still doing ok in there.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have one but am also interested in maybe getting one this time around. This is all good feedback that I've been wondering about too
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

I can find very few on amazon, does anyone have a link to one from there?
Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

No, I don't have one and would not recommend using one, there is serious debate as to whether or not they are safe. (I don't trust them to be safe, my midwife uses a fetoscope and you can get one of those to use at home too)
Fetoscopes start at $15:
http://www.google.com/#q=fetoscope&h...e4c0cc530c3619

Last edited by KandFsMomma; 02-24-2011 at 07:34 PM.
KandFsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote