Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Peek-a-boo
Registered Users

Cloth solutions for 5 year old night time heavy wetter?

My 5 year old is still not dry at night and at times is a VERY heavy wetter soaking a night time pull up.

I've seen a few products out there targeted for him, but wondering if anyone has had any success stories or recommendations?

I'm SO SO sick of buying pullups!

Advertisement

Peek-a-boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
lhsis1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth solutions for 5 year old night time heavy wetter?

There might be more current options, but I bought a bunch of XL fuzzibunz when my oldest son was still wetting the bed at night, and then used them for my younger son, too. They were able to wear them at about 40 pounds. They were able to pull them down if they needed to use the bathroom, but there's probably a more "pull-up style" out there. I didn't investigate much with son #2, since I already had the FBs. I usually used a microfiber insert and a hemp one together and that kept the bed and pjs dry 95% of the time I'd say, and that was for about 10 hours.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
lotusstewart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used a motherease sandy's toddlerease fitted with a flip insert and a wool cover. It was definitely not trim, but never leaked.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

XL Darling Diapers Unlimited with 2 flats pad folded is what we were using on my now 5 year old heavy wetter. He prefers pullups though and the rise on the XL is getting a bit short now. So I am back to pullups. All the cloth pullup patterns don't seem to have enough room for enough absorbancy.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

honestly, so my heavy wetting DS (on 2 diuretics At the moment) NOTHING works besides a Huggies overnight with a fleece cover over....and even then we still have leaks sometimes. I have tried everything...and at times cloth does work (BG stuffed with 2 one sized insert and 2 hemp inserts) but I get less leaks with the huggies
Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My 6 year old has great success with Happy Heiney pull ups. He can be a heavy wetter and these are bullet proof. i stuff them with a hemp trifold and a microfiber insert on top of that. never ever leaks. Just size down cause they do run big.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
akitaadopter
Registered Users

Try these : http://www.superundies.com/ndesc.html - they're specifically made for older kids bed wetting, the owner has a 5 year old who is still wetting the bed

i've only had like one customer use these so far and she loves them and contacted me to start carrying them, but i know everything from starbunz / super undies is super well constructed and great quality materials. You might want to try some hemp inserts to boost the diaper in your case though..

(previous link was the description, here's the store : http://www.superundies.com/gear/inde...85t2rq7amt7d15 )

Last edited by akitaadopter; 02-22-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: adding link
akitaadopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will be posting a rave and pics for Fashionably Green Baby on Hyenacart. I got some large custom pull-up nighttime trainers from her and we are in love with them! My son normally leaks through disposable pull-ups and pretty much any cloth diaper we have tried at night. He's almost 6 years old. We love the trainers we got from FGB and they were made to my expectations. She made a few adjustments in the size to accomodate my son a little better (he's tall and thin.)
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
Ilikenonsense
Registered Users

My Mood:

Rainshine designs makes an xl she has aio , ai2 , pockets. I haven't used pockets yet but the others are awesome on my 5 year old super soaker. He can pull them up and down too . She is awesome to work with and FAST .
Ilikenonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
Ilikenonsense
Registered Users

My Mood:

We like fuzzi bunz too but not overnight.
Ilikenonsense is offline   Reply With Quote