Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Got my Boba! And a question.

I tried it on quickly last night, DS seemed very comfortable in it. I love how easy it is to use. BUT, carrying him in the front I have a hard time buckling the chest strap (or in this case the shoulder strap) unless it is very high up, which makes it uncomfortable. I know it needs to go lower across my shoulder blades, But any lower and I can't reach. Any tips and tricks? Or am I just so grossly out of shape and should put down the Wendy's and pick up a dumb-bell??

Advertisement

hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Got my Boba! And a question.

LOL mama
Glad DS likes it. Have you tried it in a back carry yet? That may be a bit easier and more comfortable for you, then you would have the chest strap in front I find the back carry more comfy in the boba than the front. If you really want to try the front carry maybe see if someone can help you move the strap down?- sorry I can't think of other ideas- maybe someone else will chime in....
Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't tried the back carry yet because I didn't have a spotter LOL. I've only done back carries in my BBII where I put him in first, then put it on me. I bought the boba to make carries in general a little less complicated, not that I think the Beco is complicated at all, I love it, but it's a couple more buckles, and one more step, kwim? i love that the Boba is quick on and off. And sometimes he prefers to be in the front so he can snuggle into me
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...I don't have a boba yet, so I don't know how it's made, but if it has the straps to tighten on your sides, like a BBII does, you can try clipping the back strap, and put it over your head, put your arms in the straps, buckle the waist, then put baby in...then tighten everything up. I don't know if it would work or not (I can see it maybe not being as easy to do that way, as with the BBII since it has the internal harness), but I think I've heard of people doing the Ergo similarly, so maybe it will!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlovespat View Post
Hmm...I don't have a boba yet, so I don't know how it's made, but if it has the straps to tighten on your sides, like a BBII does, you can try clipping the back strap, and put it over your head, put your arms in the straps, buckle the waist, then put baby in...then tighten everything up. I don't know if it would work or not (I can see it maybe not being as easy to do that way, as with the BBII since it has the internal harness), but I think I've heard of people doing the Ergo similarly, so maybe it will!
i do that with my beco but can't with the boba because the body of the carrier, straps included, hang down in front after i do the waist buckle. maybe i just really need to do some arm stretches to be able to reach down further. funny, but i'm serious.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have it loose when I put it on and then I tighten the straps.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote