Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone TRYING to chart while BF'ing?

I am TRYING to chart while BF'ing so we can avoid my fertile times. I am finding it very difficult this time around. With ds2 my cycles were far more dependable time wise and this time I am having some ODD cycles. I am cd39 today and I think I am about to O...or least I feel like O is impending (for the third time ) I went to the store to get some answer test strips to make sure. Yes I know BF'ing really screws with cycles, BTDT I just didn't expect it to be so different this time around but I guess being 4 yrs older can make a difference since I am getting close to 40years old

Just needed to vent a bit...

CD 39!!!! COME ON NOW!!! O OR GET OFF THE FERTILITY TRAIN THIS MONTH ALREADY!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by TaraR; 02-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone TRYING to chart while BF'ing?

I'm in the same boat, but still waiting for AF to return post partum. We were "whatevering", but now DH wants to avoid, so either way, I'm trying to figure out my fertile times. I've been temping but find it hard due to DD still BF during the night. FF has "said" I o'd nine days ago, but this happened a few weeks ago, but took it away after another drop in temps. Each time, I've had o-type pain with the EWCM. I think my body doesn't know what it wants to do yet. I guess all in due time, but I hate not knowing.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow you can still temp! I gave that up because ds3 is up every night still and always at different times. If I did temp FF would no doubt be confused as hell with this month I haven't temped since I got pregnant but instead just using my other fertility signs and it WAS working very well...WAS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm lucky that I usually get about three hours of sleep in before waking. If I don't, I just chart "sleep deprived" and it gives me the open circle. I'm really suprised at how consistent my temps have been. I think this last "o" was the real thing 'cause I have all the fun symptoms of AF showing: break outs, bloating, and increase sticky CM. Maybe she's still toying with me. I always had a 12 day LP so if I did "o", AF should be here in three days.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried temping. Every time I would start LO would stop STTN. I swear she knew what I was up to.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have Mirena in (been in almost 3 months and I'm getting it removed Monday-hate the side effects too much), ds in 9 months, occasionally sttn, and no ppaf yet ( possibly bc of Mirena. I'll chart to avoid, hopefully, lol!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
swedishmaiden
Registered Users
seller

Those postpartum days of charting are the hardest! We just used protection all the time until I had my first PPAF and then I started charting, but even then my cycles were quite long to start out with and it took awhile to start regulating. It's frustrating waiting and waiting and waiting to ovulate. :P
swedishmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am charting... Now 17 months pp and not preggo.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #9
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

How can you dependably chart w/o STTN? I charted while TTC pretty much every day. But now post baby, I have no energy to do it. I took my temp one morning and left the therm on the bedside table and never checked it.

I haven't had AF return. Do I just start charting and see what's going on? I tried the mini-pill and it made me crazy. Now we use condoms.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I can't do temps! It would be nice if I could because that would mean ds3 is sleeping until 6am He still has a night feeding around 4-6am and I never get consistancy to chart. I just chart my cervix, cervical mucus and use OPK's. I always feeling the swelling of O or attempted O so I chart that as well. Little breakouts, bloatedness, gas ect are all indicators of what is going on. Symptoms are a big clue for me. I think it is possible to chart with out temps, albeit more difficult