Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
webelwowsr
Registered Users

Re: Anyone TRYING to chart while BF'ing?

I have been temping - I just set the alarm on my clock for 4AM, when I'm general sleeping and have been for at least 3 hrs., and temp with my digital basal thermometer. The baby still nurses at least a couple times a night, but we cosleep, so I don't get up with him. So, even if he nursed at 3AM, I still temp at 4AM. I can check the temp on my thermometer any time within the 24 hrs. before I temp again, and chart it. So, I don't worry about getting the temp down at those wee hours in the morning.

So far my temps have followed the same pattern they did before. I've been pretty fortunate in that I always can tell if I've ovulated if my temps reach 98+ degrees. Anything in the 97s mean no O yet. We are also trying to avoid right now and so far so great! Since it's not smart to rely on temps alone, especially while nursing, I do keep an eye on my mucous and check my cervix to back it up.

For what it's worth, I'll be 41 yrs. old in a week.

Advertisement

webelwowsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried, but my DD doesn't sttn very reliably. I would get only one or two reliable temps a week, which isn't going to cut it. I stopped temping and just chart CM and use OPKs after I start seeing EWCM. It has worked very well, and I have accurately identified every O for the last 4 months. Every month the witch shows exactly 15 days after my positive OPK.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AH! I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy. I've been charting since DS was born. I am SO irritated with the dumb thing.

If I look at my whole chart... I have switched between fertile and infertile... 8 TIMES.
Stupid body. Figure it out already.

And for the record, my DS doesn't sleep through the night, but my temps are not incredibly irregular (every once in a while something is strange). I figure any additional information helps, so I just do it anyways.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are not sleeping thru the night either but I know that if my temp is under 97.56 we are pre-ovulation over 97.62 is post-ovulation between the 2 is anyones guess. With my last 3 kids I have had build up with no ovulation many, many times. If it makes any difference I just turned 38 but was only 33 with my little guy who would be the first I paid close attention with.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #15
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone notice any relationship with when you last breast feed and cervical position or am I just imagining things? We co-sleep as well and LO usually BF around 3-4 am and I get up around 6:30a and temp then shower. Well, a few times, she has woken to BF right as I'm getting up and when I check my cervix, it always seems to feel high. The last few days it has been nice and low with elevated temps making me think FF was right and that I might have o'd, but yesterday, temps dropped and today temp is still low and cervix is right back up high again. UGH!! I think my body is still very confused and keeps gearing up to o, but never does.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sleep great, but my temps were still WAY all over the place. I've given up on temping for right now. I am debating whether to chart, or just to try using the CM-only FAM. I just got my period back 12 m pp, so I guess I could chart, but it seems like so much work now, lol. I've been checking CM and cervical position.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have links or books on how to do this? DD is 18 mo and still no AF here, BFing going strong. I've started (ok, not just started, its become an issue...) to realize that we aren't DTD much because I'm afraid to get preggo quite yet. So any suggestions on learning how to chart would be great!
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #18
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which does have a small section on BF, but it goes through all the fertility signs. My BBT's have dropped again so looks like I'm still not o'ing. DH and I still use either condoms or pull out method pretty much every time which one depends on if I've seen EWCM or how high my cervix is.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like Taking Charge of your Fertility for learning the basics, very well explained and the one I pull out after having a baby. The Art of Natural Family Planning has a lot of info on breastfeeding, a whole chapter on it. The author of the second book also wrote a book on breastfeeding and natural child spacing and has several children so she understands the ups and downs and has some sample charts to look at, some of the sample charts are all over the place.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #20
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm charting with OPKs (just started this month). We are TTC though and have been whatevering our whole marriage until this month.