Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
kej
Registered Users
seller

Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Eva* View Post
My mom is a major belly rubber so what I did is start grabbing her boobs every single time she touches my stomach. Yes I said it, I grab her boobs. I don't give a crap where we are or who we're talking to, I will grab her boob. Needless to say it only took a couple times of me mortifying her in public and she quit it.
I love that!! That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

I'd just slap her. That is ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My pet peeve was STRANGERS in the store rubbing my belly - I perfected the 'um... I'm not pregnant' with a straight face! LOL! Seriously, my DH told me I was mean, but I bet they'll never touch a stranger's stomach again!

like me on Facebook
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
My pet peeve was STRANGERS in the store rubbing my belly - I perfected the 'um... I'm not pregnant' with a straight face! LOL! Seriously, my DH told me I was mean, but I bet they'll never touch a stranger's stomach again!
My DH keeps trying to get me to say this to people! Yay for you, I like it. (I am hugely pregnant, so the idea is just ridiculous at this point.)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #25
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry! I haven't had anyone really annoy me with belly touching yet. MIL did start coming by and rubbing the non-existant belly at around... 8 weeks? 10 weeks? Somewhere in there. There was absolutely no baby though. It didn't bother me so much as it was a little odd.

My best friend has done the talking to the baby with her face pressed my belly thing. Again, it doesn't bother me exactly since I've known her since kindergarten, but it seems a little weird.

No random strangers yet though! I don't mind most of my family and inlaws touching the belly but they haven't been really obnoxious about it yet and at least half of them ask before they do. I LOVE the idea about grabbing her boobs though. That had me laughing! I totally wish I could tell strangers with a straight face that I wasn't pregnant if/when they start doing that.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #26
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I must be one of the only people on the planet who DOESN'T get touched enough by my mom.

I love it when she pays enough attention to me to rub/talk to my baby belly.

Usually, she's too self-absorbed to be bothered with my "trivial" matters - pregnancies/kids/life.

No I am with you, both my mom and grandma, don't show much excitement towards the baby on the way. Too "self-absorbed" for sure!

I don't think my mom EVER has, actually....

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #27
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't have touchers but I was an accidental rubber. I had no idea how far out that belly stuck and thought I could still fit places I couldn't. I creeped my sister out because I kept squeezing behind her to get through the doorway between the living room and kitchen at my mom's and I guess I kept rubbing my belly on her. I didn't notice. I guess, in my mind, I could still fit. After she pointed it out to me, I then went out of my way to rub my belly on her because it weirded her out. HAHA!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #28
samsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

the creepiest thing that ever happened to me while i was preggers with DS is a group of 4 door to door evangelists (sp?) prayed over my unborn son. freaked me the heck out!
samsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #29
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is so frustrating...especially so early in the pregnancy. it;s like, umm....baby is actually still really far down and closer to my pubic bone, so if you really wanted a good feel for baby...

With DD we visited MIL's church and this guy (in his 70s) who did NOT know me and only maybe knew who DH was, reached out and gave by belly a good patting. umm...I am not a dog needing to be petted...thank you

some people's kids
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
My mom presses her face into my stomach and talks. It skeeves me out!!!
I'd knee her in the face.

Ok, so maybe not. But I would tell her to back off! I would so not be ok with that.

I don't like anyone but my hubby touching my belly either!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote