Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

MIL induced anxiety attack

My heart is pounding like I just ran a marathon, I feel shaking and like I want to vomit

MIL just called to see how DD was doing since her amoxicillin rxn...well she had just called yesterday, I was napping and missed it and asked DH to call her back and let her know..well he didn't so she called my phone again today...and I reluctantly answered not wanting to be too mean...even though I know she always says...something

well DD was finishing up dinner and had ketchup all over her hair and was doing a good job painting herself...since it's not bath night I wanted to clean her up before she made a huge mess...so as I listened to MIL go on about how she was waiting at the pharmacy with her friend to get friends script filled and telling me what she had to buy...I began wiping up DD..who began to FAKE cry/whine around...I dunno guess my kids weird she doesn't like her face wiped ...well.....MIL freaks out and repeats twice "whats wrong with her whats wrong with her?!" like something were really wrong. I nicely said "oh nothing is wrong with her, I just wiped her ketchup mess off of her" then MIL seemingly ticked off says "yeah right you just wanted to upset her right when I wanted to talk to her" she hurried off the phone saying "well I will just get a hold of you next week" she acted as if she had said let me talk to her then I did that ...and she said nothing about wanting to talk to her...not to mention her acting like I had intentionally done something horribly wrong to my daughter! AGH!

why do I let her get under my skin???

I have to vent in hopes of calming down...this woman is going to throw me into labor in a bad way...

I think I'm going to tell DH that I will not be around her until we have our meet the baby because I just can't handle all the things she has to say

Advertisement

Last edited by Paisleesmomma; 03-25-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Paisleesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
how strange sorry that happened to you mama
Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: MIL induced anxiety attack

I am pretty confident she was putting on a show to make me look bad in front of her friend....I said or did nothing wrong but I know she is still bitter my sister gets to keep DD when I go into labor....I will not leave my children alone with someone I cannot trust...MIL isn't the most mentally stable and has trouble telling the truth about anything including small things that aren't even bad things or warranted for (not that anything is in my book)...I am confident she has an undiagnosed social disorder

but my reasoning has been sis is half the distance away and have just continuously said it's already been decided...
Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
combsaj
Registered Users
seller

Oh Ashley! How upsetting! I would say don't let her get to you- but I know what it is like to deal w/ relatives with mental health issues and although you don't want to let it bother you- it can't help but affect you.
I think your solution is good though- there is absolutely no reason why you should put up with it. Even if she can't figure out why her behaviour is unacceptable- you still need to put clear boundaries about what treatment you are willing to accept. Especially right now!
So sorry Mama!
combsaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is another reason why I don't speak to my MIL on the phone. We communicate via email or text message. That is something she would pull too and I feel ya my blood boils when she pulls that stuff.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Crystalftw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

<3-Crystal *Radically on fire for Christ!* Continually thanking the Lord for my Navy man & 5 children; my First-Born Son(7), my Surprise Pretty Girl 4/15/11, & my 3 in heaven. My blessed life!!Get the "swag" wag!
Crystalftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Sonic7273
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww hugs....she sounds like a wacko...my mom is the same way, she totally gets under my skin with her irrationality. My mil was actually the cool one. Anyhoo...hugs
Sonic7273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As for wiping the face, my DS fusses and whines about it EVERY time, so your DD isn't weird. lol As for your MIL, I'm so sorry. I told DH half way through pregnancy that I didn't want to see his mother anymore.

Do you think that happened (or that I could get away with that)... no. lol Oh well, I just ignore the fact and try not to get upset when I do have to be around her. Some MILs just really know how to get under your skin or say the "right" thing to get to you.

Hang in there, and just don't deal with her anymore. You're so close to the end, don't let her get to you. And I really would suggest not seeing her till after baby comes. I'm actually that way about my in-laws. My MIL doesn't understand why I wouldn't want to drive a hour away (which would be an hour and a half away from the hospital) to come to a piano recital for her students 2 days before I'm due. Yeah... 2 days! She's like "oh, right, I forgot you were due on the 11th".

So sorry, didn't mean to hijack your rant. I'm done now!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

oh feel free...I had my share plus it helps me feel normal

thanks for helping me back off the ledge a little this evening ladies ...I can't seem to control my emotions when she does this stuff and I wish I could somehow 'not let it get to me' but it always does...

I know they say "no one can make you feel..." but....

I'm gonna need therapy to figure out how

oh and I was so being sarcastic about the face thing...I don't know many kids who enjoy the daily face cleanings...you would think after 5 kids she would know that...which is why I am pretty sure it was her putting on a show for her friend

Last edited by Paisleesmomma; 03-25-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Paisleesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
STK2
Registered Users
Formerly: t** **s
seller

My Mood:

Hope you were able to calm down and you feel more relax this morning.

I do not talk to MIL. I have sent her a few txt messages asking her to babysit or to tell her I was already dilating. But in person she basically ignores me. And she hardly ever sees the kids.

Last edited by STK2; 03-26-2011 at 08:00 AM.
STK2 is offline   Reply With Quote