Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody breastfeeding still?

I'm still BF my 13 month old, and plan to keep on doing so for a while, at least if she wants to (which actually I can't see her ever not wanting to... lol). I breastfed my ODD the entire way through my last pregnancy and she only completely weaned last month- I think that was one reason I got pregnant this month. Anyway I am hoping not to tandem nurse this time, there was a window when my milk really dried up where I could have quite easily weaned my older daughter and if that happens again I might try to wean YDD. I know lots of people have positive experiences of tandem, for me it was good and bad but it just got harder as time went on to wean the older one and i really was over it by the time she was 2.5. I guess i just need a break before this next baby, my body back to myself somewhat for a little while (although with a little alien inside).

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody breastfeeding still?

I am nursing DD (11 months) and plan to for the entire pregnancy. I'm really hoping I don't completely lose my supply. I have already noticed a little decrease. I am hoping to tandem nurse once the new baby gets here.
KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

I'm still BFing B. He's 15 months, and doesn't act like he wants to quit.

C weaned about a month before B got here, and I kinda hope the same happens again.
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and my supply NEVER went away. Even after C weaned I leaked like crazy.
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

I am still nursing. DS2 will offically be a yearling tomorrow! We are down to about 3 feedings a day, but I am not ready to quit just yet. I definitely want to before the next gets here, just not sure exactly when.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm still nursing my 9-month old, and I'm not against him weaning, but I'm not going to try to wean him. My baby has always ended up weaning around the time I was 3 months (almost always their choice), but I would like to nurse longer if I can.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
AmyP
Registered Users
Formerly: amp
seller
seller

I'm still nursing my DS2 14 month old. I nursed DS1 until he was 3 so I tandem nursed them for a while. I don't think DS2 is going to be weaning anytime soon so I guess I will be tandem nursing again.
Calen 11/14/11
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
Toothlesswonder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still feeding my fourteen month old DS. I was still feeding his sister when i feel pregnant with him, and was all set to tandem feed them both, but DD took one look at me feeding DS and she wouldn't come near me for days. She self weaned then.

I'm hoping to tandem feed this time, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
diviana
Registered Users

I'm nursing my almost year old (3 days) as I type this. I can't see him self weaning anytime soon. He morning and night nurses and before naps if we are at home. I don't see a drop in milk yet and I'm hoping I don't. I'd like him to nurse as long as he wishes while carrying this little one - after, I'd like to tandem for awhile.
diviana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #10
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yup... still nursing my 23 month old. and he shows no signs of stopping... He still nurses about 5 times a day (he was down to three for a short time, but has been sick off and on since xmas and just really wants it... he nurses the five times and asks to about 20 more...sigh.) I'm hoping he will self wean sometime during the preg... It wouldn't be the end of the world to tandem nurse, but I already felt like I did it all day when DS was tiny, I kind of can't imagine adding in a toddler, too...