Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Spin off: diaper prices

Ok so for the budget mama's maybe you can share your favortie wahms with lower priced Diapers. the only lower cost wahms I love are eapoos and cloth etc. for fitteds, though id love to find some good aio's and pockets from other wahms

Advertisement

Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spin off: diaper prices

www.apconsignment.com is the home of the world famous $5 AIO (12 for $55 last I checked). She's a DS mama and very nice to work with. I haven't tried her dipes yet but everyone raves about them. She just got married and I think things are still a little crazy for her because it looks like her website is a little out of date. I PM'd her a while back and told her that I'd like to try one or two of her AIOs before purchasing a dozen but she didn't have any the right size in stock. She told me that she was really backed up but she would loan me one of her daughter's dipes to check the sizing and quality if I was interested so that I wouldn't have to wait in line for her to make me a custom. Things got crazy for me and I never got back to her but I'm glad this thread reminded me that I need to!

www.thefancifulfanny.com are some of my favorite inexpensive fitteds. I haven't tried her AIOs/AI2s or covers but I'm planning to. She's also a DS mama and WONDERFUL to work with. She recently had to reevaluate some of her prices but check and see if she still has package deals. It was something like buy 6/get 1 free...and they're under $10 to start with.

www.beedieweedieboutique.com has pockets that I absolutely adore. Again, she's a DS mama and one of the nicest WAHMs I've worked with. Her prices are cheaper than FB and I believe she has a discount for DS members.

Beepsmnms is another mama on here that makes all kinds of diapers. She's a single mom who couldn't afford the expensive stuff when she got started so she's determined to help out other mamas on a budget. I can't remember her website off the top of my head but PM her because she's really sweet. She'll tell you that her dipes are not hyena-quality yet, but they are cute and functional and affordable. Oh yeah, and I've heard RAVES about her recycled wool.

Those are the only dipes I've ever bought new...everything else I've gotten FSOT. I'll be watching this thread though!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oops...forgot about www.tinkletraps.com. You can send her your prefolds and she'll convert them to fitteds for you. The price depends on the options you want but they can be anywhere from $3-6 each. She's also a DS mama and is taking a break because she just had a baby but she'll back in business soon. I think someone mentioned the other day that The Fanciful Fanny is doing the same type of conversion these days but I haven't been to check it out yet.

Also, if you're concerned about getting burned on the FSOT boards, try checking out something like www.clothdiaperexchange.com or www.miraclediapers.com where you can buy used dipes from a WAHM.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

This is on the down low shhhh...... http://mypreciousbabybyapril.com/store/Default.asp
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
Jcrsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

April, imo is working for much too little. She has been around for a long time and her dipes rock!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhobby30
This is on the down low shhhh...... http://mypreciousbabybyapril.com/store/Default.asp
Jcrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #6
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
Oops...forgot about www.tinkletraps.com. You can send her your prefolds and she'll convert them to fitteds for you. The price depends on the options you want but they can be anywhere from $3-6 each. She's also a DS mama and is taking a break because she just had a baby but she'll back in business soon. I think someone mentioned the other day that The Fanciful Fanny is doing the same type of conversion these days but I haven't been to check it out yet.

Also, if you're concerned about getting burned on the FSOT boards, try checking out something like www.clothdiaperexchange.com or www.miraclediapers.com where you can buy used dipes from a WAHM.
Fanciful Fanny is doing conversions too! I have some coming in the mail.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
www.beedieweedieboutique.com has pockets that I absolutely adore. Again, she's a DS mama and one of the nicest WAHMs I've worked with. Her prices are cheaper than FB and I believe she has a discount for DS members.
We have one pocket from BW and it is awesome.
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I think Little Rain Dancers is pretty cheap. If you buy three you get one free, and the shipping is included. That's just over $10 per AIO, and they are great AIO's.

Aren't Swaddlebees on sale right now? They are something like $10 a pocket. I don't care for pockets, but I've heard great things about them.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #10
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

keep em coing I like what im seeing!! they do exisit Aunty Em! they do!

Last edited by Five Green Beans; 06-06-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote