Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #11
SwaggerWagon
Registered Users
seller

Triple post

Advertisement

Last edited by SwaggerWagon; 02-25-2011 at 07:04 AM.
SwaggerWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
SwaggerWagon
Registered Users
seller

Sorry triple post! I swear I pushed it once!

Last edited by SwaggerWagon; 02-25-2011 at 07:03 AM.
SwaggerWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #13
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have a Dec. Baby (due Jan) & I hated being pregnant this summer- the heat really got to me & I usually love the heat. & now I hate being stuck indoors during this awful snowy winter. I'm hoping to plan my next baby to be due in march, although my bday is in march & i always wanted a summer bday. But now I see the good timing a march baby would be- at the end of winter/ springtime by the time u are ready to get out of the house/ not super pregnant in the summer.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Month/Season to give birth?

March! I loved it so much, I had 2 in March. If I get my wish I'll get one more March baby also.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only had a winter baby, December. I didn't mind it, I don't think you go out that much with a newborn anyways. I was most pregnant thru the fall and that wasn't bad. I wouldn't want to be huge in the summer and also I wouldn't want to have a summer baby because we spend a lot of time outdoors and on the beach in the summer and that would be hard. I think our next baby we are planning on TTC this fall so it would almost be a summer or fall baby, but if summer very late and I can just cut the beach out.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #16
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had two September babies and one April baby. The September babies were nice because the weather was still wonderful so I could find my legs without worrying about excess winter wear. By the time winter set in, we were able to come and go as needed. On the downside, being v. pg at the end of hot humid summers was not pleasant. But, it was manageable because I was teaching and was off and could put my feet up.

The Spring baby was nice because I wasn't pg in the summer, but I had to buy more expensive winter mat. wear (in the end I made do do with a lot of what I had and bigger shirts). Plus, the weather was lovely for longer and made dressing baby easy.

I once had someone tell me that being pg in the summer is hard, but it is worse to have a newbie on the outside in the heat. At least when they are on the inside, it is only you who is miserable in the heat.... The summer after my Spring baby wasn't super hot, so I don't know how it would be with a newbie in the heat.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
turtledance
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a June baby and a February baby. I like the June birth month better. No huge reason, I think I generally like summer better and I just loved having a newborn in the summer. I am out and about right away after my babies are born and it was a pain to have to bundle up a fragile newbie in the cold.

Momma to my crazy little Snuggle Muttin (6-8-07)
and my sweet Cuddle Bug (2-13-10)
turtledance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #18
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have three late spring, and one late fall. Def prefer the spring for all the reasons already mentioned.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #19
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can actually plan it, I'd vote for a spring baby (no such luck for me - July and September!), say March/April. Reasoning is, it's not too cold - not likely to get stuck in the snow on the way to the hospital (depending on where you live, of course), it's not too hot or too cold, and it's a little "healthier" time of year. That is, cold and flu season has peaked and passed, and baby will be at least 7 - 9 months old before it comes around again.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #20
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was late late October, which up here is mostly the beginning of winter. I was really depressed that we didn't have a winter baby this time (men plan, God laughs), because I LOVED having a winter baby. Our bucket seat never left the car, so that wasn't an issue. I'd carry her to the car wrapped in a snuggly fleece blanket or in the Moby that I'd put on and zip my coat around her. Walks were so snuggly with her in the Moby too. The lack of light was nice because I felt like I had an excuse to go to bed with her and get lots of snuggles. The cosleeping thing was a bit of a challenge because I never felt like I was warm enough on top, but I realized well after the fact that I could have gotten a fleece bed jacket or button-top jammies and stayed covered on my back and arms at least, which was what got cold (the front had a warm baby snuggling it, LOL!) I just slept in socks and fleece jammie pants and stayed warm enough from the waist down. DD usually just slept in a long-sleeved cotton sleeper.

If I can talk DH into #3 down the road, I'm going to pray for another winter baby (and at least this time I'll be realistic that maybe God has his own timeline) because I really did love those warm winter baby snuggles.

ETA: Oh, and we had one of our snowiest winters in awhile when DD was born, but I never felt trapped. It actually gave us a good excuse to either stay home or ride the bus a lot, which was really nice anyway because DD was a car seat screamer.

Last edited by KristieW; 02-25-2011 at 08:32 AM.
KristieW is offline   Reply With Quote