Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I actually prefer snaps. I'm not exactly sure how I ended up choosing softbums... Can you explain to me what flats are and how you use them? Please forgive me...I am new to all of this!

Advertisement

CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need some tips please!

Bum Genius Elementals are VERY trim. Flips are almost as trim. My DD also has a huge booty. There is no way in the world I could fit her in jeans or even most pants with her cloth. I'm just glad she's a girl, because it is so easy to just put a dress on her. If it's cold out, I put some stretchy leggings on underneath the dress or some baby legs.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! Oh, that makes me nervous though. I dont have enough dresses for her to not wear pants! I had not thought about this when I decided to start cloth diapering.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #14
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Please don't be discouraged!!! It takes time to find out what works for you. My initial stash was all one size diapers and I found they always gave ayla an awful pooch in the front and came across the same sizing issues as you. I sized up on the pants and cuffed the length and switched to sized dipes. Then Ayla developed a PUL sensitivity so we switched to prefolds and wool which was very trim. We're onto fitteds and wool now because Ayla won't sit still long enough for pins. I'll come back in a minute to give you the name of my fav fitted (on my phone)...

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lullaby Diapers on Hyena Cart. And a tip, always take your bebes measurements before buying. Size and weight ranges are approximate and not guaranteed to give you the best fit. Ayla measures in the size small Lullaby diaper but weighs in at the size large. That's a huge difference in size. If I had ordered based on weight I would be sorely disappointed. Good luck!!

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #16
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Thank you!!! I will give that a try. Thanks for the encouragement. I was SO excited about starting cloth diapering, and instead of being awesome and fun it's been pretty frustrating and now I just want to cry. I will get some different ones asap and try to figure out what works for us. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2011, 01:56 AM   #17
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

My daughter has quite the gadonkadonk so i totally undererand. I too find my softbums bulky with some jeans. When she wears jeans i usually grab my ragababes (hard to get...but when hubby puts them on her i swear he cheats and grabs sposies but he doesnt). I also love the bottombumpers. You can see pics of my daughter in diapers on my site under complered reviews. There is a video pf her in a ragababe. Good luck! I totally understand where u r coming from. Feel free to pm me if u need more advice
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #18
momof2littles
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need some tips please!

Elementals are trim.

The trimmest dipe I own is a bright star baby! Love it!

Also the sized bum genius AIO that are on sale are pretty trim too.

Grovia AIO is good and slim.

My tots bots are trim too!
momof2littles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks so much! I will try some of these suggestions asap and let you know how it goes