Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #31
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long will you/did you wait to take your newborn out?

I must be odd. I didn't want to get out. I wasn't really worried about her, but I couldn't even walk straight for awhile! It just HURT to walk, so I preferred hanging out at home. I think DH finally made me get out and we walked around Target or something. That was probably at 3 or 4 weeks old.
I think if I felt better physically, I wouldn't wait at all to get out.

Advertisement

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #32
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds1 was born on a Sunday, we were outside well within the week, actually I believe at 3 days old we did some sight seeing around town with my mom. We were back at church the following Sunday

ds2 was born on a Thursday and he and I did skip church that first Sunday, but we were out at our local park visiting with neighbors within a day or to, we made it to church the following Sunday.

with this lo, I imagine we will be "out" as in outside immediately (we live on a lake in Wa and they'll be born in August - you don't waste that weather for anything!!!) but we also kind of live in the boonies and only go into town when necessary, so we'll go to church, but I'll probably pick lounging at home and by the water over grocery shopping and being "out." We'll just stick with our normal flow of that season which is stay close to home and enjoy the lake!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #33
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

My crazy SIL kept hers inside (and with no visitors other than her parents and her husbands parents) for 7 MONTHS (Other than doc. visits)! They were preemies (twins born at 31 weeks) but had no issues in the NICU and came home healthy. She has social issues and used it as an excuse not to have to leave her house. What is even more frightening is that she has decided to do the same with them this winter. Her poor 17 month old babies are not being allowed out in public or to have visitors until the end of May all because one of the babies got a cold a couple weeks ago.
Makes me super sad! I completely understand protecting preemies from RSV but her kids will have ZERO immunity to anything not to mention the social ramifications for almost never being around other people/kids. It is so sad!

My first was out within about a week, the second probably 3 days.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with miranda, we went to the grocery store on the way home. (I was in the hospital for 5 days and we needed dinner. lol)

With jake, there was 30ft of snow on the ground, (okay, not really, but alot for us) and I didn't really take him too many places, but I remember going to target on day 3.

With this one, I can't imagine staying home for any reason. I never really did understand why someone would stay home, seems like such a old practice..
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #35
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

MIL came to visit on day 3, we started taking her around to see things probably day 4 or 5, we just felt cooped up. I really wasn't up for being out yet (horrible tear and my blood loss was REALLY bad) but i was going stir crazy. I never had a problem taking DS out, but I probably should've given myself more time. This time I'll have my sis to help me and I plan to do things like the beach while she's here, but I also feel comfortable telling her what I need and not overdoing things. I'll be taking both kids out of state to visit my family in AZ when this bean is around 4 weeks old, I'd feel nervous about being on a plane before that.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #36
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I'm due in May so hopefully the bugs will be gone by then, but DD has her dance recital on the 20th and I'm due the 12th. I always go over due, so I'm guessing around the 16th. Not much choice in getting out and I'm not going to leave him!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #37
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds1 we took him out on day 2 when we left the hospital. ds2 was a homebirth and I don't remember when we went out with him, probably a week or 2.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
jxz
Registered Users
seller

DD is 13 days old and we've only been to doctor's appointments so far. I've had some complications though from a botched epidural and can't drive, so that really plays into it more than anything else.
jxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #39
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I don't really remember with my older boys but with DS4 born in Nov, our first non-medical outing we went Christmas shopping with him at 3 weeks. However, *I* went out before that by myself close to home. I could usually get an hour or two of alone time in before DH called my cell telling me he was getting hungry (the baby that is, not DH ). I do think keeping baby in while tiny is a pretty good idea, esp a winter babe, but that doesn't mean mom is stuck inside those first few weeks too.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote