View Poll Results: Was your ultrasound gender right?
Yes, it was right 166 95.95%
Nope, the tech was wrong 7 4.05%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #61
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Was your ultrasound gender right?

Originally Posted by squiddles View Post
Interesting! So far the trend on this thread is that the mistakes were being told it was a girl, then giving birth to a boy! Which is also what i've heard about gender mistakes in general.... almost never are people told they're having a boy, and then finding out it's a girl!

May I ask how far along you were with your two ultrasounds??

I am expecting my 3rd boy... we were 19 weeks when we saw the gender... but there's always the little nagging question in the back of my head... "is it possible that they were wrong??" Though I know it is highly unlikely that they were wrong...

Erm... Don't really remember clearly. The last one was fairly well into the pregnancy, like 6 months+. The tech was a little ambivalent, admittedly. But when pressed both of them said boy and we just put so much faith into the technology that we didn't second-guess. It was certainly shocking to go through the pregnancy thinking about and talking to my belly with a certain gender in mind. "Baby Gabriel" the whole time.

The nurses really thought they had us at a disadvantage since we "knew" we were having a boy we probably hadn't picked a girl's name, right? They put us on the spot asking what her name was. Dh and I didn't even look at each other; we both said, "Callista" with no hesitation. We had agreed when we were 15 years old that if we ever had a daughter together, that would be her name (it's from a Star Wars book). ^_^

-Kelli, single mama to 12 y/o Callista and 7 y/o Rickson.

Swagbucks Pre-PL'ing Diaper Stash My Love of Cloth Rebel MCloth Tutorial
Rebeldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #62
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Was your ultrasound gender right?

They were right for my first two- I haven't had "the" u/s yet for this baby, that should be next week, Yippie!
Kinda Sorta AP and a Little Bit Crunchy Mommy to 3 Wild Unschooled Boys

ISO: Large Halloween Diapers or Costumes or anything fun
Magickal is offline   Reply With Quote