Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #21
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I request a meeting with mods?

Mama, please forward me any other pm's you have from mods you feel are picking on you. Like I said, I only see two user notes in the last year and both for really little things? I can understand your feeling like you are being picked on (well,really,on what I see in your user notes I can't but I am trying )

It is possible that you had pm's come that didn't get put in your user notes.The team knows to do this but it may be someone slipped up and pm'd you OR responded in a way they should not have after they first pm'd you. Please, if this is what happened, I do really need to know The ladies working on here try really hard to be polite when they pm and are involved in sticky things.That's one reason we have the user notes. It is a system that makes sure we are held accountable for our words when we have to pm on an issue. If you fwd me info that is out of line, I will take it up with that team member. I'll even add it to thier user notes so we can be sure it is not an issue that arises again and goes unnoticed.

As to the user notes that were left by team members who pm'd you, I really am not sure why you are so upset by what I saw. I think there must have been some sort of exchange not placed in your user notes. I would be happy to chat with you to be sure you feel your side to things is truly heard. I am very open to trying to understand this I am very sorry you felt like you were in trouble/being picked on.I really am but (and I hate to say but because then it appears like I don't care and that just isn't so ) from what I see, I'm having trouble understanding why you feel this way. From what I see,pm's were polite and just stated the issue and linked to the rules. This is why I think something else must have transpired. You can fwd me any pm's you feel were uncalled for through the actual pm OR hit the report button on the pm and that will shoot it over to where I can see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblurose View Post
Got your PM Sally.

I'd love to know more about this citizenship story also but I'm sure the member isn't "allowed" to post her side of the story without getting "in trouble" right? Why can't she tell her side, DS tells their side and then we can all be grown ups and make up our own minds? What is there to hide? What is going on? This is just crazy insane IMO.
DS hasn't told the whole side. I mentioned only enough so that this member is aware the way she is acting is noticed and is not allowed. She knows the truth mama.She needed to know that it wasn't just her word against the team member she pm'd.Sally copied in several team members so we were aware of what was going on. I highly doubt she would even want to post anything on her side of this if knowing that a copy of her orig siggy/pm was saved and could be pulled up by us to post the proof of our side. She knows what she was doing.I'm sure of it.

The proof is in her own words.

The post here was a jab at us and I am tired of this. Normally, we wouldn't respond publicly. I will say that if this member truly wants to push this issue, I will see if that can be done to possibly bring everything public. I'm good with dealing with things and staying quite when it is in relation to me but to have seen the exchange of pm's between Sally and the poster after Sally fwd them to me, then to see her post a few minues later, just did not set well with me.

I do hear you on how you wish things were made more public.I've had the same thought myself.Most team members have I think! However, I've seen what ends up going on at other websites and that just isn't wanted here.

Let's be honest here, MANY times members here get to post their displeasure on something related to DS and it is only their side being told. We don't jump in either here (usually) or on other sites trying to defend things.It just creates drama and it isn't something we have the desire to be a part of.

Advertisement

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-01-2011 at 08:00 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblurose View Post
happy2Bamommy,
I could care less the amount of user notes I have vs. you but I DO have issues with WHY I'm getting them.
Check and see that my posts have gone WAYYYYY down because I'm honestly too scared of what I can and can't post.
I seriously am not "allowed" to say a certain words? Really? Freedom of speech anyone? Check my PM's I've gotten from mods.
There HAS to be underlining issues that I am clueless on...if I can be told what the issues are I can try to work on them/correct them.
As it is now, I get a handslap PM, question it and get a generic answer. That is not a way to resolve these issues.
Mama, I am slow to posting so this reply wasn't up when I started typing my last response. I wasn't trying to offend you by letting you know I have more user notes.I was trying to add a little bit of humor to defuse things while letting you know that user notes don't mean you aren't a valid member to the site as to checking your pm's, the only thing I can see is your user notes.This is why I requested you fwd me any pm's you have on this.

I honesty do not see anything other than two user notes in all of 2010 and 2011Both were little things. If you would like me to pm you a copy of them and who it was sent by I can.You can then let me know if you had other pm's. I can promise you,with what I see, there really is no reason to be this upset! I'll go look again as I had a long night with little sleep since reading them last night or was it early this am anyhoo, I think one was due to siggy and one a co-op? I'll go look again to be sure on this. I'll go ahead and pm you what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTorres View Post
Until you voice yourself and try to show some wrong in their actions...
Please, inform me as to what you are talking about.Post here or pm me. I am all for taking accountability for my words and actions and while I am not hard on the team, I expect them to do the same. I tend to be a tad protective of them but I'm also protective of my kids and I know they aren't without flaws.

If there is actual wrong in my, or a team members actions, I will do my best to listen and address it.

I have a little more time i can be on here today.I'll try to respond to those who post with questions. Do know that when I leave today,I'll lock the thread until I get home. I've seen before where things go crazy in a matter of two hours or less on a thread and I don't want that to happen here.

I also need to apologize for jumbled wording.My brain really is on overload right now but I don't want members here to feel ignored.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-01-2011 at 07:59 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I feel for you OP. There ARE certain mods here that DO pick on certain people and it sucks.

I too have replied to PM's from mods and been ignored. (((hugs)))

H2BAM will try to help if she can.

Last edited by Joyful Tie Dyes; 03-01-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #24
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure this will be deleted and I'll be banned loooong before most people get to read this but what the heck.

Yes, two years ago I got some viruses and decided to take a Diaperswappers break. Yes, I put that in my siggy and put that this CanaDiaN would be staying in her territory and could be found there. Yes, this can be seen as spamming another very small Mama/Diaper forum. I did know that. But, it was deleted from my siggy over 14 months ago - plus I'm a nobody so I'm sure no one ever saw it, noticed the jab or even cared.

I finally responded yesterday to a 14 month old PM from a mod who kindly "removed" the jab from my siggy. My response had TWO WORDS. two words only. "Helpful. Thanks". This mod decided I was being snarky with these two words and threatened banning me. Which is silly since I'm mostly a lurker and spend my time reading rather than posting or doing any other snarky-type business. During the back and forth with this pm, I did get pissed that she decided my two words were "snarky" so I decided to lower to her level for a minute and play the discrimination card - now I'm not allowed to advertise my Canadian status because I'm automatically spamming this other site????? I'll admit I was sinking to this lower level but actually it IS a valid point.

On the same day I noticed a thread where a Mama felt picked on. Due to my back and forth and the silliness of the Canadian issue, I felt this Mama needed to know that she could inadvertantly be spamming something that she was unaware of. Plus I know first hand that at least one mod or admin. is quick to come to the "snark" conclusion without checking out facts first.

Perhaps I was still in a snit about the way my situation was handled and did jab a little with my citizenship issue BUT IT IS VALID. Sure I know there is another diaper site that shall not be named - but what if this poor Mama has no idea what she is offending people with?????

And while we're on the subject. NO ONE IS PERFECT. Perhaps I could have handled this a little better. I will not dispute that. However, no one is mentioning that this certain mod/admin or whatever actually hand slapped me for something else that had nothing to do with me. She admittedly had so many disputes going on that she got members confused. HELLOooooo. We all make mistakes. Perhaps people need to put on their big girl knickers and take a few cleansing breaths before they automatically go off on people and call them snarky, etc.....

This is a Mama and Diaper forum. I think people need to remember this isn't life or death. Take a breath, have a laugh and for goodness sakes chillax.

I am a nobody - I have no idea why you thought I mattered enough to make an issue of something that happened over 14 months ago. It's almost flattering.
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #25
cheerkri
Banned

Quote:
This mod decided I was being snarky with these two words and threatened banning me
If that's what happened, it looks like DS needs to re-evaluate who their MODS are.
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #26
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri View Post
If that's what happened, it looks like DS needs to re-evaluate who their MODS are.
Agreed!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #27
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri View Post
Not that it matters because I'm sure this will get swept under the rug, as all dirty little secrets do - but that's exactly what happened. Just for my own reasons I took screen shots of my PM box yesterday night. I had a feeling I'd be gone already. Again - not that it matters since I'm mostly a lurker and no one has any idea who I am anyway.....
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #28
KnitterBug Creations
TJsmommy is my *old* DS name
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
I'm sure this will be deleted and I'll be banned loooong before most people get to read this but what the heck.

Yes, two years ago I got some viruses and decided to take a Diaperswappers break. Yes, I put that in my siggy and put that this CanaDiaN would be staying in her territory and could be found there. Yes, this can be seen as spamming another very small Mama/Diaper forum. I did know that. But, it was deleted from my siggy over 14 months ago - plus I'm a nobody so I'm sure no one ever saw it, noticed the jab or even cared.

I finally responded yesterday to a 14 month old PM from a mod who kindly "removed" the jab from my siggy. My response had TWO WORDS. two words only. "Helpful. Thanks". This mod decided I was being snarky with these two words and threatened banning me. Which is silly since I'm mostly a lurker and spend my time reading rather than posting or doing any other snarky-type business. During the back and forth with this pm, I did get pissed that she decided my two words were "snarky" so I decided to lower to her level for a minute and play the discrimination card - now I'm not allowed to advertise my Canadian status because I'm automatically spamming this other site????? I'll admit I was sinking to this lower level but actually it IS a valid point.

On the same day I noticed a thread where a Mama felt picked on. Due to my back and forth and the silliness of the Canadian issue, I felt this Mama needed to know that she could inadvertantly be spamming something that she was unaware of. Plus I know first hand that at least one mod or admin. is quick to come to the "snark" conclusion without checking out facts first.

Perhaps I was still in a snit about the way my situation was handled and did jab a little with my citizenship issue BUT IT IS VALID. Sure I know there is another diaper site that shall not be named - but what if this poor Mama has no idea what she is offending people with?????

And while we're on the subject. NO ONE IS PERFECT. Perhaps I could have handled this a little better. I will not dispute that. However, no one is mentioning that this certain mod/admin or whatever actually hand slapped me for something else that had nothing to do with me. She admittedly had so many disputes going on that she got members confused. HELLOooooo. We all make mistakes. Perhaps people need to put on their big girl knickers and take a few cleansing breaths before they automatically go off on people and call them snarky, etc.....

This is a Mama and Diaper forum. I think people need to remember this isn't life or death. Take a breath, have a laugh and for goodness sakes chillax.

I am a nobody - I have no idea why you thought I mattered enough to make an issue of something that happened over 14 months ago. It's almost flattering.

banned? seriously? Can you get banned for something like that? I think I need to go look at the rules again and see what exactly warrants a ban
KnitterBug Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #29
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post

I finally responded yesterday to a 14 month old PM from a mod who kindly "removed" the jab from my siggy.
Why would you reply to a PM 14 MONTHS after it was sent to you? I'm not sure why it is such a big issue that something not allowed was removed from your siggy. For what it matters I remember your siggy, and being surprised that you were allowed to have that there. Being Canadian has nothing to do with it.

OP- I hope you're able to get your issues resolved

Last edited by jmrw2; 03-01-2011 at 09:31 AM.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitterBug Creations View Post
banned? seriously? Can you get banned for something like that? I think I need to go look at the rules again and see what exactly warrants a ban
Yeah really, is being "snarky" in a PM to a mod a bannable offense now? No warning, no ban just "I don't like you...BAN" ?
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote