Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Who only CDs at night??

Ok so my little guys are potty trained during the day and I would LOVE to go back to CDing at night but I am kind of turned off by having to wash only 4-6 diapers every 2 days, it seems like a lot of work for just a couple diapers KWIM? Does anyone do this? Is there a good way to wash? Can I go longer between washes if I rinse out the diapers? Will they start to stink bad after a couple days? They *should* only have pee, but one of my sons refuses to poo in the potty so there may be one of those every so often. I have BG 3.0s w/ prefolds as inserts.

Advertisement

Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
henndoc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who only CDs at night??

You dont have to wash every two days!!! You can wash once a week. Just rinse out the diapers, and then your best bet is to wet pail. Change the water once a day to keep it from getting stinky. I add a squirt of BAcOut to my wet pail. My son is still in diapers all the time, but I only go through enough diapers to wash once a week. For the ones I don't put into the wet pail, I hang over the edge of his pail and try to dry them before I throw them into the tub.
henndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never used a wet pail.... I was wondering about that. I have always done dry because I'm scared of stinky. What's bac out? Do you think I could use my sink and just drain and refill everyday? I am nervous about screwing up my dipes or my kiddos tushies!
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

How often do you wash the rest of your sons' laundry? You don't have to necessarily wash diapers by themselves.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

You could always wash with towels!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
You could always wash with towels!
This is what I have been doing recently. DD has potty trained during the day, and I am using a small wet bag for her nighttime diapers. I do a rinse of just diapers, and then add a load of towels in with it to wash. They seem to be drying faster, too!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
henndoc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bac Out is made by BioKleen. It's an enzymatic cleaner. I'm sure you could wet pail in your sink, if you don't need to use that sink regularly. That's actually a pretty good idea. Much easier to drain. Right now, I have a big plastic tub (was originally a dog food storage container) on the floor by my laundry utility sink. I have a hose attached to the faucet in the sink. I use the hose to fill the tub. I have a little flannel liner on the counter to catch any drips of the wet diapers as I drop them into the tub. I just lift up the tub once or twice a day to dump it out, then fill it back up.
henndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisa47 View Post
This is what I have been doing recently. DD has potty trained during the day, and I am using a small wet bag for her nighttime diapers. I do a rinse of just diapers, and then add a load of towels in with it to wash. They seem to be drying faster, too!
That's a great idea! So how many days do you go between washes? Whats the most days you can go between washes without diapers being ruined?? Can I go 3-4 days with a dry pail? I would rather not have to mess with a wet one. All that emptying and refilling is too much right now. I have more going on than I can handle so I would rather go as simple as possible KWIM
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I washed only once a week or so. The last few months I washed only when I ran out of pockets so it was more like every two weeks. She was pretty much trained at night, though, so they were mostly clean.