Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What's the cheapest CD detergent option?

I mean, that works well? We react to Tide here, but other things are okay. I love Crunchy Clean, but I'm starting to not be able to justify paying for it on our tight budget when I know there have to be less expensive options out there.

I wash in a regular ol' top loader, if that helps.

I'm totally willing to make my own, too; anyone do that? What's your recipe?

I know this has all been asked before, but the search is kinda funky with replies.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the cheapest CD detergent option?

If you have a Trader Joe's near you the ingredients in that are very comparable to my spendy WGWP. A huge box of that Trader's powder is 7.99. It comes with a smaller scoop than most detergents and it is the PERFECT measurement for CDs.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alas, we've moved out of Trader Joe's territory... I miss it like CRAZY.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

all free an clear or gain are what we use on everything and never had an issue both are around 5.00 a bottle at walmart or target
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been using All Free for the past 11 years, no stinkies, no build up, no problems, just clean diapers. DS still wears some of the diapers I bought for my girls who are now 11 & 8 years old. They've held up beautifully. I still have the same fitteds, covers, pockets & Joey Bunz I bought around when they came out.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Darth Hooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use all or sun free and clear. Sun free and clear is 6$ for 112 loads at big lots. No problems so far!

Darth Hooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Biokleen all temp powder I've used it for over 10 years on everything from my DH's work clothes from fixing cars to newborn cloth diapers. It is awesome! I am super duper cheap when it comes to stuff like that, it seems like a stupid place to waste money...but I REFUSE to commerical detergents like Tide or whatever. We get terrible rashes from that stuff and I think natural simple detergents are better especially on cloth diapers.

I frequently find a 100 load box on sale for 9.99 at my local Fred Meyer grocery store (similar to Kroger). I use a front load machine and only 1/2 scoop per load...so that ends up 200 loads for us! Way, way cheaper than even the grocery store cheapies. I actually buy it in a 50lb bulk box once a year via bulk delivery service called Azure Standard (you can google them). The Biokleen oxygen booster (like oxyclean but better) is great too and even using both of them the only way I could beat the price I pay per load would be to make my own detergent (which doesn't work with hard water).

I really don't get why so many people use Tide, it seems so harsh for cloth diapers and so strong smelling. Every used cloth diaper or piece of clothing I've ever gotten that was washed in it has been stiff and take sooo many washes to not reek of detergent. I actually almost never buy used diapers on here anymore since Tide has become so common
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Purex Free and Clear
carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
boomerang
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaem View Post
Purex Free and Clear
I completely agree! I love purex! It is cheap, easy to find and works really well. I just use a little bit and run an extra rinse. No smellies and no build up.
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another vote for All F&C here - I just found $1 off coupon on a coupon site I get from, and it brought it down to like $3.79 a bottle - I bought 8 LOL!

like me on Facebook
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote