Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
little hoot
Registered Users
seller

My BG AIO are leaking at night

I finally found a diaper that works for my skinny 3 month old and wasn't having any leaking problems until this week. I don't think they are absorbent enough for overnight anymore. What inserts should I get to stuff at night? I've been searching online and it looks like most of the inserts are too big for the small BGs. The width needs to be around 4-5 inches. I'm new to CD so I don't have a clue whether to get more microfiber, hemp, etc.

Advertisement

little hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My BG AIO are leaking at night

I would try trifolding a hemp towel. Hemp is wonderfully absorbent and resists compression leaking.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

are they new diapers, or used? W/My DS they didn't work at night because the elastic was not at it's tightest, so I had to replace it. Even after that they didn't work well because of the fit around his legs/rise. (Super chubby legs, so IDK why it didn't work...) Unfortunately for us I tried every bedtime diaper out there almost (even bedbugs, SBish, goodnites, ect) but we go back to Sposies every time. When I try to put him in cloth now he wakes screaming. >_<
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hemp Babies doublers should fit. The large one is skinny and you can just fold over any excess.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only thing that works at night for us is a Jamtots minky topped hemp insert stuffed inside our AIO. If we use any other combo or diaper we have major leaks! Good luck
Nicolenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Double post
Nicolenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
mamaerinx3
Registered Users
seller

We too tried everything for out heavy night wetter and had to go back to sposies with DD at night eventually hope you find something that'll work for your DS!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
Amock777
Registered Users
seller

Try a thirsties hemp insert! Love them!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
skyler189
Registered Users

We use BG AIOs every day, all day long. We stuff them with hemp doublers from SMJAE. http://hyenacart.com/stores/SMJAE/ You can also buy these (at slightly higher cost) from www.diaperware.com Highly highly recommended. Don't add significant bulk to the diaper.

They fit great inside the diapers, after the prep washing (they'll shrink to the right size). You prep them like any other hemp inserts: wash them by themselves (not mixed in with your diapers) 3 times on hot with a bit of detergent, drying them in the dryer between each wash. Then you can add them to your diaper laundry (if you wish) and wash/dry them 3 more times before using. They will continue to get more absorbant up to about 20 washes, when they will reach their max absorbancy.

We use BG AIOs as our daycare diapers, and have full sets in all 3 sizes. We bought the size small hemp inserts and used them with the small diapers, and continue using them with the mediums. So we've used them daily for 10 months and the inserts look brand new. We bought a new set of size large to use with the large AIOs that our LO will be moving into in a few months.

With that being said, and I absolutely love this diaper/insert combination, I don't think this is a good choice for you to be using at night. I strongly recommend something that you can add more absorbancy to, because the AIOs will only hold so much, even with the added hemp. I think you should look into a FB OS (adjustable legs) with hemp added, or a BG with a FLIP insert (and adding hemp when your LO gets bigger and needs even more absorbancy).

The BG AIO is my all-time favorite diaper; but I don't try to make it work at night. You may be able to get it to work at night, but it probably won't work for very long.
skyler189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #10
meldew2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i got microfiber towels from costco and cut them to fit my diapers...or just folded them in some cases. cheapest fast fix.
meldew2 is offline   Reply With Quote