Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
AmyRobin
Registered Users
seller

CD safe cream ?

We use CJs and most of the time it has been great, but DD got a rash from using a non-stay dry diaper (it appears she is super sensitive to it) and I am having a hard time getting rid of it even though I am using CJs every diaper change. The CJs has improved it quite a bit, but it is still redder than I would like even if she doesn't seem uncomfortable. I bought some fleece to make a liner for that particular dipe (she hasn't worn it since) and all her other dipes are suedecloth or fleece inside so that shouldn't be a problem. Any other creams that might be good to try? I know naked time would probably work, but with 2 big brothers we are constantly on the go so most of the time thats not an option. I know I could put her in sposies, but I would rather not if I don't have to.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Ceebies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: CD safe cream ?

I've used California Baby calming diaper rash cream on fleece, suedecloth and bamboo diapers with no problems. Clears up any redness for DD quickly too.
Ceebies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try putting her in a tub of warm water for a soak n splash for about 10-15 minutes. Give her some naked time for another 15 minutes or so before putting the diaper on. CA Baby is good, I hear Grandma El's is good...also, you may want to change her even more frequently until the irritation goes away. I know all this seems extra but DS' dermatitis started like this. It eventually got out of hand and his urine irritated it more. It was having a hard time healing while covered in the diaper where it's dark, warm, and still somewhat moist. If you're sitting watching tv, folding laundry, the last few minutes of dinner, or just have a few minutes to spare, take her diaper off and lie her on a towel for a bit. Put a movie on for the boys or give them some kind of distraction (doesn't have to be long) just to give her skin a little breather! Hope I could help!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just a thought, but are you sure it's not a yeast rash? i've been able to cure everything under the sun with cjs original butter. but we need the special yeast formula for a yeast rash.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
AmyRobin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecat View Post
just a thought, but are you sure it's not a yeast rash? i've been able to cure everything under the sun with cjs original butter. but we need the special yeast formula for a yeast rash.
THanks for the suggestions ladies! How do I know if it is a yeast rash?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
etmoto
Registered Users
seller

I love cj's, but also recently read that apple cider vinegar diluted with water is supposed to help with redness. The website didn't say it's cd-safe, but I can't imagine how it could stain diapers.
etmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
catshark
Registered Users
seller

california baby and grovia work well for me
catshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
hailey1312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use organic coconut oil, it really helps heal bottom rashes and is great on sensitive bottoms and cloth diaper safe.
hailey1312 is offline   Reply With Quote