Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why is the WALL OF SHAME thread NOT getting updated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblurose View Post
Wow that doesn't make much sense...let's try again.
If the person is banned why would THEY be dealing with someone on the board?!?!
Well, good point.Goes to show how much attention I have paid to the wall of shame. I guess others here may pay more.All I know is that when I started, I was taking on a lot of FSOT cases gone bad and scammers and the team was quick to make changes to help lighten that load.

Now I have a question. Don't take it the wrong way

Why would/should someone care about users who are banned being added to a thread? There is a message added to the avi of anyone banned.The reason is sometimes put in the siggy.

Do remember that many bannings here are not the result of someone scamming. In the last year, anyone who would have been added to the list was outed publicly to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe we need a thread. Ask what stands out to members the most. The hall of shame forum or seeing someone with a warning in their avi or the "banned" being added under their user name. Actually, I think I will do this in the form of a poll if the team agrees. If members aren't seeing warnings/banned notes in avi's, then we may need to start posting again in the hall of shame.

Advertisement

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-02-2011 at 02:33 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the warning on the avi. It would be nice if the WOS was updated, but if I had to choose between one or the other, I'd prefer to have the avi warning. The WOS board would be helpful if it includes more extensive info to identify someone, though

EX: someone is banned and their email is scammer89@yahoo.com. Well, if someone asks me to send PP to that addy, no matter what their username is on DS (If they managed to get on again and make a new one) I'm not sending them PP LOL. I could see that being helpful.

I just wish those FSOT badges showed up on the DS app. I almost bought from someone that had no FSOT badge because I was on my phone and didn't think about it

Maybe the mods could hire an update 'Nazi' (forgive the term...I'm think soup Nazi a la Seinfeld) You know, someone to update the wall of shame and sticky notes and what not. They wouldn't be involved in solving disputes or anything, just making sure things stay current. I know I'd volunteer... but that's because I am an update Nazi in my own life too I'll be the first to admit that I'm a nit-picker.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

With the info in the avi and siggy of banned/warned members I don't think the WoS is needed any more.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
bbraymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
Maybe the mods could hire an update 'Nazi' (forgive the term...I'm think soup Nazi a la Seinfeld) You know, someone to update the wall of shame and sticky notes and what not. They wouldn't be involved in solving disputes or anything, just making sure things stay current. I know I'd volunteer... but that's because I am an update Nazi in my own life too I'll be the first to admit that I'm a nit-picker.
I'd volunteer too. especially to help keep the FSOT cleaned up.
bbraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
tinamarie908
Registered Users
seller

I think that the wall of shame is a good idea and it should be worked on often!
tinamarie908 is offline   Reply With Quote