Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

Nighttime - what to try next?

We use BG 4.0s for our 6 month DD. Around 3 months we began using a Hempbabies doubler (folded in half) with a MF newborn insert for nighttime. It worked well until about a month ago, so we now use 2 hemp doublers (still folded in half) with the newborn insert. She is peeing out of it!!!

Where do I go from here?

Advertisement

Sonoran Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
E&GMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nighttime - what to try next?

So are you not using the regular size insert, just the newborn one? Or are you using the newborn one in addition to the regular size one? If you're not using the full size one you could try that one.

Our nighttime cloth solution has always been a Flip Organic insert with a HempBabies doubler, in a Flip cover. Those inserts are super absorbent. I put a fleece liner on top to make it stay dry.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

Last night I tried the regular insert with one hemp doubler and she peed out of that sooner. The regular insert plus two hemp doublers is just way too fat on my DD. It causes gapping and I cannot get the diaper to fit properly.

During the day she used the newborn and the regular insert together. I change her every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
LeahSylina
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS used to be a super wetter so I understand! He's gotten much better now, he's having no issue with a double stuffed pocket for nights and the inserts are only soaked in front, the back is usually dry. The first time I tried that the inserts were almost dripping wet and of course he peed all over himself and his sheets...I hate changing clothes/sheets in the middle of the night and I'm sure you do, too!

We kept ending up back in disposables (which he would still pee out of 1/2 the time but I would find him wet in the morning instead of him waking up crying at 2am) until I tried a Softbums Omni. I would stuff it with a mini-doubler and snap in a super dry touch insert. It was very bulky on my peanut toddler but the Softbums diapers have a really great sizing mechanism so we didn't get gaping at the legs.
Leah, loving wife to Nathan. CDing mom to two beautiful kids, Gabriel Thomas (4/13/09) and Elena Grace (5/6/2010) since 11/2010. Expecting #3 in February 2012!

Last edited by LeahSylina; 03-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.
LeahSylina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
GreenOwlet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Your baby is at that super soaker age. It gets better when start eating more and drinking less.
Right now my fool proof overnight approach is an infant prefold tri-folded and laying in a Motherease os fitted. All wrapped in a thirsties duo wrap. I add fleece pants just to make double sure there is no escape. It's probably overkill.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

Thanks, mamas!

She is still EBF, so that is good to know that she may not be such a super soaker once she starts solids

Any other suggestions? I really am hoping to not have to buy a different diaper. I am all for buying different inserts though....I guess I'm looking for the magic combo. I will check out the Flip organics.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
meldew2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tend to have leaks at night with our BG 3.0s...I've decided on a towel under her being my solution
meldew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'd stuff your bg's with a flip organic and a hemp doubler.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:54 AM   #9
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Microfiber never ever worked for nights for us! We use the flip organics too! Nothin' like 'em I swear! They distribute soooo incredibly well! We've done the fitted thing, the prefold thing, etc but we still keep coming back to the flip organic. You've gotta try it! We also, like the above posters, put a hemp doubler inside, trifold the whole thing and we stuff it in Drybees night fleece pockets. Before we had those pockets, I would just lay them in flip covers with a fleece liner on top too. I night-nurse and the organic seem to be the only thing that makes it through. DD's insert will be completely wet from the front to the back but it's not sopping and she stays dry. Go buy some right now....seriously....RIGHT NOW! FLIP ORGANIC INSERTS!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

off to find flip organics thanks ladies!!