Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

Re: Nighttime - what to try next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahSylina View Post
My DS used to be a super wetter so I understand! He's gotten much better now, he's having no issue with a double stuffed pocket for nights and the inserts are only soaked in front, the back is usually dry. The first time I tried that the inserts were almost dripping wet and of course he peed all over himself and his sheets...I hate changing clothes/sheets in the middle of the night and I'm sure you do, too!

We kept ending up back in disposables (which he would still pee out of 1/2 the time but I would find him wet in the morning instead of him waking up crying at 2am) until I tried a Softbums Omni. I would stuff it with a mini-doubler and snap in a super dry touch insert. It was very bulky on my peanut toddler but the Softbums diapers have a really great sizing mechanism so we didn't get gaping at the legs.
That's what we do. Omni stuffed with a bamboo doubler and a SDT insert snapped in. Works super well!! Good luck, mama. I know how frustrating is when it seems your LO pees out of everything.

Advertisement

M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Señora Rita
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nighttime - what to try next?

I use BGOS 3.0 and 4.0 w/ the lg microfiber insert with 2 thirsties hemp/cotton doubler and have a similar issue. The pee will stay in but her diaper will be so full that if she poos, it comes out the sides (cuz they are gaping after wearing them all night). I'm going for drybees.