Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn Diaper Rankings

Great post!

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15chik View Post
i'll be following this because lo will be here in august and i have no idea what to buy for a nb. what a cutie you have
Congrats and THANK YOU!!! PM me or check up on my site if you have any questions. I am learning A LOT over here through trial and error. My first baby was born in August...GREAT month to have a baby!! Good thing is you have plenty of months to enjoy swimming!!!
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1025 View Post
Congrats and THANK YOU!!! PM me or check up on my site if you have any questions. I am learning A LOT over here through trial and error. My first baby was born in August...GREAT month to have a baby!! Good thing is you have plenty of months to enjoy swimming!!!
thank you! i hopefully will be enjoying a lot of time in the pool, considering i live in phoenix i might die of heat exhaustion if not haha. bookmarked your site
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm surprised orange GMDs don't fit. Are you aiming for below the belly button? Are you fanning out the front? I can still get them on my almost 3-month old, though yellows are the right fit.

And what is is the size and inner for your Nana's Bottoms? I had a few leaks other than with the bamboo velour inner - I would think the birdseye would be great too. There's preemie, newborn, small etc. size, which do you mean by XS?

And, what size RagaBabe AIO was that, NB or Small? Smalls definitely didn't fit under 9 lbs. and were really only tight enough in the waist at 10 pounds (but he's a skinny-hipped little dude). No leaks since it's been a good fit.

Thanks for the reviews!

Last edited by fallaway; 03-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallaway View Post
I'm surprised orange GMDs don't fit. Are you aiming for below the belly button? Are you fanning out the front? I can still get them on my almost 3-month old, though yellows are the right fit.

And what is is the size and inner for your Nana's Bottoms? I had a few leaks other than with the bamboo velour inner - I would think the birdeye would be great too. There's preemie, newborn, small etc. size, which do you mean by XS?

And, what size RagaBabe AIO was that, NB or Small? Smalls definitely didn't fit under 9 lbs. and were really only tight enough in the waist at 10 pounds (but he's a skinny-hipped little dude). No leaks since it's been a good fit.

Thanks for the reviews!
Yay I was hoping someone would ask about the GMDs. I will post a pic when he wakes up. I am SO LOST on prefolds.

The Nana's bottoms are size newborn. LINER? HMMMM, perhaps the person who sold them to me on DS forgot to add that? Does that normally come with it? I have been kind of sad because a lot of diapers for newborns I got on here I found out later came with a liner (like a mutt and a KLO). Sadly I found out about this AFTER the paypal window of dispute But I had NO idea about Nana's bottoms. So it does come with something extra? If so, then I should remove it from my rankings.

The Ragababe AIO is size newborn. I am going to try adding a liner in it next time...since I know from experience with my 18 month old that the Ragababes are one of the most leakproof diapers out there!

Thanks for helping me figure this out! Like I said, I know people may love/hate diapers I am talking about and opinions will differ, so I am just sharing my experience. I am SO OPEN to any troubleshooting. I have found out that my little bugger is definitely a heavy wetter (and has skinny legs)
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/

Last edited by gracie1025; 03-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #16
circlemonkey
Registered Users
seller

nice that you are doing this. i'll have to pass it along to all my prego friends.
circlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is great to have real-world experience with a bunch of diapers, though of course babies are different shapes and sizes and different wetters. DS is low-rise, skinny hips and legs, and decently heavy wetter.

KL0 doesn't have a liner. Mutts should have a snap-in petal soaker. They both are fitteds though, so need a cover. Nana's Bottoms are true AIOs, so just the one piece - but you can get them with different material for absorbency. I had some customs made with BV and others that were used and who knows what in there, that were not as absorbent, though still good for regular daytime use.

That's interesting that the Rag NB was still a little big. I skipped getting NB size and just got Smalls, so couldn't use them for a while.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, back over two years ago when I had my last newborn, I also could never get XS FBs to fit properly. I generally dislike newborn pockets though. Sadly, a lot of what you listed didn't exist then. My favorite were BG AIOs in XS, but those aren't being made anymore.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #19
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
Yes, back over two years ago when I had my last newborn, I also could never get XS FBs to fit properly. I generally dislike newborn pockets though. Sadly, a lot of what you listed didn't exist then. My favorite were BG AIOs in XS, but those aren't being made anymore.
I am expecting those in the mail at any minute!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
I thought all the AIOs were being discontinued *except* the XS?

Gee, they've been great. Really too bad if they're not available anymore. They fit and worked wonderfully from when the cord stump fell off. My favorite other than RagaBabes, but those are hard to get and more expensive, and because of that I didn't get NB figuring DS would outgrow them too fast, so I got Smalls. BG XS were perfect for post-tiny NB diapers and pre-Smalls.

Last edited by fallaway; 03-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote