Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
When using sposies

Can anyone recommend a non-smelly brand? I don't just mean that perfumey smell, but that urine gel smell. I know when my 10yo was a baby tushies were cotton inner. I don't see them around anymore. Or what about disposable inserts like Grovia or cotton those have that smell?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

reb SAHM to
Rylan (10), Davin (7), Jaden (5) and Kella (6-7-10)
investmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When using sposies

Personally I think the earths best have no smell(you can actually clearly see the yellowish urine inside so not disguised etc) or the gdiaper flushies. Don't think they have gel stuff in them at all.

Actually Naturemade too. More papery type diapers than plastic.
Mama of 4!
and precious little one 11/10/11
Leanbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I haven't really noticed an odor from using the Flips or Grovia disposable inserts. I also use Huggies and to me those don't smell right away. I mean all diapers will smell after sitting around.

The disposables that I have tried and can smell at each diaper change are Pampers and Luvs (those are the worst IMO). Target brand smelled that fast with my 2yo but not with my 3mo.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Agree about Earth's Best; that is what we use for overnight (am too scared to cd overnight yet) and emergencies while out. Have had no leaks or blowouts with them and he has really put them to the test.

Pampers Snugglers Drymax (to me) had a HORRIBLE smell (like some kind of odor masking scent??) that I thought was DS until I figured out it was only when he was in those. I also had some Huggies and they didn't have an odor.
midtowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Registered Users

Smith's grocery stores sells a store brand one that's more natural...can't think what it's called ATM but if there's one near you (or Kroger...pretty sure Kroger owns Smith's so they might carry it too) you could look there. That's what we use and I don't notice a smell when the baby wears them.
Tired mama to Miss Bookworm (9), Mister Tornado (6), Monkey Boy (4), and Little Mischief (almost 2).
caedmyn is offline   Reply With Quote