Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
GoodMamas?

Ok,i'm fairly new to the CD scene, but, i really dont see the major draw to GM's. Is it just the prints? Are they super absorbant? Can they change themselves? hehe. I am lurking around Spots Corner and i am amazed at how much used GMs are going for. If some one could fill me in, that would be awesomesauce

Advertisement

GracieMak'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
lotusstewart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GoodMamas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieMak'sMama View Post
Ok,i'm fairly new to the CD scene, but, i really dont see the major draw to GM's. Is it just the prints? Are they super absorbant? Can they change themselves? hehe. I am lurking around Spots Corner and i am amazed at how much used GMs are going for. If some one could fill me in, that would be awesomesauce
You sound like DH. When I tell him how much things cost he says "Does it come with a $20 bill inside?"

I've been cding for over 3 years and never bought one until recently. My youngest will be out of diapers soon, and it has always been on my wishlist, but never in my stash.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Honestly....the prints aren't that unique, most other diaper making wahms have the same prints in their stash. I don't find them any more absorbent than my other wahm dipes made up of the same fabrics. And, sadly, they do not change themselves.

I have a couple in our stash but they are definitely not the first ones I reach for. Many wahms sell comparable diapers at a much better pricetag (both one size and sized diapers).
Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

don't like them.
The exposed snaps should not be on a $30 diaper. And they are too trim for my babies butts.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerMommy View Post
Honestly....the prints aren't that unique, most other diaper making wahms have the same prints in their stash. I don't find them any more absorbent than my other wahm dipes made up of the same fabrics. And, sadly, they do not change themselves.

I have a couple in our stash but they are definitely not the first ones I reach for. Many wahms sell comparable diapers at a much better pricetag (both one size and sized diapers).
I had a few when I first started cd'ing but sold them and now I see those prints going for triple what I sold them for...

I've bought fitteds for much less than a GM that are more absorbent, fit better and don't leave dots all across her tummy from the exposed snaps!
That said...they are nice looking diapers!

People collect them and sell them later and make a bundle especially if they have older prints or a very hard to find print. Plus, GMs seem to go through phases in popularity...right now they are a very sought after diaper but it could just be the competition of all the auctions too!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They have very cute prints and are very absorbent. I still wouldn't pay the crazy prices they are going for now, though.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote