Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
AyseGizem
Registered Users
seller

Help me with my new top loader!!!

Yay, for this new bub we're in a building with really old machines, so Dh decided to get us a small portable Haier washer I'm <--- this happy, really!

For ODD, we washed at a laundromat with excellent results: I had everything nailed down! EBF diapers were washed exclusively in vinegar and got a second nothing added cycle every 2 weeks. I was washing twice a week. When the poop started getting overwhelming, I washed with All f&c with Vinegar in the rinse cycle and later with a mama made detergent bought at WAHM wares.

The cycles included in this washer are Regular, Heavy, Gentle, Quick Wash, Wash, Spin. Only the approx. times for Heavy are noted in the manual and are:
First soak ~20 minutes
Pre-wash ~8 minutes
Second soak ~5 minutes
Washing, rinse and spin. I don't know yet how long the total cycle is.

FWIW, this is a Haier HLP23E, 1.6 cu. ft. top loader. I'm washing mostly prefolds, a couple of BG 3.0s and a few fitteds.

I would like to keep my routine simple for the beginning with just vinegar. Plus, we rely heavily on Elimination Comm. as well so hopefully poopy diapers will be rare this time as well.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I really need some help with washing routines in washer I can actually control the cycles of...

again...I've in my happiness for having an actual washing machine in my kitchen!

Advertisement

Last edited by AyseGizem; 03-03-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding info
AyseGizem is offline   Reply With Quote