Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So much circ talk lately! I thought I'd share this really great link.

http://mothering.com/health/protect-...ce-for-parents

So much good info in here. Not just about not circing, but also about not forcefully retracting the foreskin. We have become so unfamiliar with this piece of anatomy and even many of us who choose to keep our boys intact are still pretty in the dark about what's normal when it comes to foreskin, how to properly care for it, and what it's purpose is. This can make it difficult to defend our decision at times. So let's educate ourselves

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So much circ talk lately! I thought I'd share this really great link.

I have read this article it is a good one. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so conflicted.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I'm so conflicted.
May I ask, what about?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dh and ds1 are both circed. What if I have another boy? It will be such a fight to protect him.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My dh and ds1 are both circed. What if I have another boy? It will be such a fight to protect him.
A fight with your DH? I guess all you can do is try. You are armed with the facts now. All you can do is stand up for what you believe in and hope that you can help your DH (or anyone else who disagrees with you) to see the light.

I know there are plenty of parents out there who have circ'd their first born son/s and then changed their minds about it with their subsequent son/s. I don't know how those other parents plan to handle it when questions arise as their sons get older and start to notice the differences. But I don't think it has to end up making any child feel left out or anything (a fear your DH and maybe even you might have). I think a valuable lesson could be learned from it. And that lesson is, we're all different. And it's not just their penises that will make your DH and your current son different from any future sons that you have and may choose to keep intact. So why does that difference have to matter so much? The thing is, it shouldn't.

And hey, what about poor mom!? She doesn't even have a penis!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Mrs.Nicolian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have a circ'd DH and two circ'd little guys. If my next baby is a boy there is no way he will be circ'd as well. It's one of the deepest regrets in my life. Luckily, my DH agrees with not circ'ing next time. If he wasn't agreeable.. well, I would do my best to change his mind - send him info and articles like this, along with asking him to watch the procedure for himself. If he still didn't agree, well.. then we would have a huge problem as he would physically have to remove the baby from me and that would not be an easy feat - trust me.

Mrs.Nicolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know if my belly baby is a boy or a girl, but if it is a boy, I do have the fear of my MIL (as being the most likely to watch my kids) retracting his foreskin when changing a diaper, since she has *zero* experience with intact anatomy and very strong opinions about circing. That is my greatest fear about the issue--but not enough of a fear for me to have a boy circ'ed! I suppose it means I shouldn't ever leave a very small son with her.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have one circd and two intact and we have had no issues with them being "different"

There are quite a few of us here on DS with circd and intact sons.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Nicolian View Post
I have a circ'd DH and two circ'd little guys. If my next baby is a boy there is no way he will be circ'd as well. It's one of the deepest regrets in my life. Luckily, my DH agrees with not circ'ing next time. If he wasn't agreeable.. well, I would do my best to change his mind - send him info and articles like this, along with asking him to watch the procedure for himself. If he still didn't agree, well.. then we would have a huge problem as he would physically have to remove the baby from me and that would not be an easy feat - trust me.
Ditto this, to a T. (Except I have a circ'd dh and 3 circ'd little boys)

We got lucky in the sense that none of our boys experienced any complications from their circ, but like the saying goes, "when you know better, you do better." Knowing what I know now, I just can't risk my newborn like that, and I can't make that decision for him. Thankfully Dh is 100% on board, as he also wasn't aware of the risks and actual statistics regarding circ.. we both just thought it was "the" thing you were supposed to do.