Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
MamaNeeNee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Warning about diet sodas during pregnancy

"I know I shouldn't drink it anyway, but it's really my last vice. I smoked cigarettes AND pot (which I refuse to get it a debate about ) "

I didn't smoke cigarettes, but I did smoke some pot in the early months when I had uncontrollable morning sickness, I gave it up when I didn't need it anymore. Without it I would not have been able to get ANY nutrition to the baby. I think it's a better all natural solution than the pills doctors try to give you. I just heard of a doc. prescribing vicodin and something else to a pregnant friend...just doesn't sound natural. But yeah I agree...everything in moderation. Just don't go way overboard with the coke!! haha

Advertisement

MamaNeeNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I go for an organic root beer once in a great while - but I'm lucky, I guess, because I don't really like pop. Stuff just tastes weird to me. If it's gonna fizz, it better be champagne.

It would be interesting to know if the same sort of results were found with people who drank non-diet pop... so is the risk from the pop or from the artificial sweeteners (which would be just as dangerous in tea, coffee, etc.)?

*we're TTC again and hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
Ola_
Registered Users

Artificial sweeteners are just plain creepy, never mind their effect on a developing baby. Just have some regular sugar instead!
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
luvinmatt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmmmmmm diet soda! I drink and will continue to drink it, neither babe came early. We had to evict both of them. I was one of the 4+ diet sodas per day.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #15
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

i drank so much diet soda when I was preg with my daughter and I was induced at 41w4d drank less this time but still quite a bit and he came at 39w exactly
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant- The Doctor
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another drinker here, and 2 LATE babies. We'll see if #3 is late too, but I'm putting my money on yes
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #17
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

There's vanilla coke zero now??? I've been a cherry coke addict this pregnancy (1 a day or less though) but at vanilla
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
There's vanilla coke zero now??? I've been a cherry coke addict this pregnancy (1 a day or less though) but at vanilla
Oh, there is very much a vanilla coke zero It's been around for at least years, but you have to go to a larger grocery to get it. At least I do, the 'ghetto' Kroger closest to my house doesn't carry it, but if I head to the more affluent areas of town, they carry it.

They also have cherry zero, but fake cherry reminds me of cough syrup but it does exist!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishmaiden View Post
^This. I don't drink soda or diet soda whether or not it impacts pre-term labor, just because it really isn't healthy and I want the best for my LO! A soda here and there probably isn't the worst thing in the world, but especially on a regular basis, it isn't the best idea.
I agree. Way once in a while I think it's fine and a nice treat but artificial sweeteners have been proven to eat holes in your brain (I'm not exaggerating) and all of the acid in soda leaches calcium from your bones. Even before I read this article which is very interesting I never drink diet soda pregnant or not and rarely drink soda or anything with caffiene while pregnant. I may be an extremest but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Good thing I've only been craving Cherry Coke ICEE's then!! I am not usually a soda drinker at all, but those suckers satisfy my thirst like none other!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote