Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #91
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nourishing Traditions Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post
There is a site that is Traditional Foods and gives you a weekly menu/recipies/grocerylist/preperationschedule and the meals are awesome! Its www.cookingtf.com , you sign up for their menu mailers and she sends them out weekly. Recipes never repeat more then every 13 weeks.
Thanks for that link! I'm at an almost complete loss about menus and meal planning, maybe I can subscribe for a few weeks and see if it helps me get the hang of it.

Found out one of the ladies at my church has a couple dairy cows.

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #92
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Thanks for that link! I'm at an almost complete loss about menus and meal planning, maybe I can subscribe for a few weeks and see if it helps me get the hang of it.

Found out one of the ladies at my church has a couple dairy cows.
I am doing the Nourished Kitchen one. It looks really good (see my pp for what I am doing the next 2 weeks) however there is a cost with it.

Congrats on the cows!!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #93
velcromom
Registered Users

Hi all, thought I'd jump in here as we are a Traditional Foods family too - I haven't been on DiaperSwappers for years, and there wasn't much TF info here then so I'm happy to see this thread!

I haven't had time to read the whole thread but I thought I'd mention that Azure Standard has the best prices I've found on organics & other things we use. No shipping charges either, so if you are in one of the western states where they have routes, it's an excellent resource for getting organics and bulk groceries. I've been ordering from them for two years. I know that if I had to pay the higher prices at other online or local stores, I wouldn't be able to do as much organic stuff as I am now.
velcromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #94
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

A blog I follow just posted this Groupon of the Day deal-it's for a nut/candy store and it's $10 for $25 worth of product, and they do have some organic items Shipping is extra but I played around with the site and it looks like shipping is $5 for up to 2lbs.
Here's the Groupon site (I am NOT getting any referral credit for this-I just copied and pasted the link from the blog I found it on )
http://www.groupon.com/deals/nutty-g...utm_source=rvs
and here's the site it's for
http://nuttyguys.com/

I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, and get some of their organic apricots and flax seed

Last edited by myfrugalfunlife; 03-08-2011 at 11:26 AM.
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #95
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have done 2 months of recipies and they are all AMAZING!! I use her Pesto, Beef Stroganuf, Salmon w/Fruit Salsa, Pan Seared Chicken Thighs, Rice Pilaf all frequently! They are all great though. I also got my homemade sausage recipe from her
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #96
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

VelcoMom - I agree that Azure Standard is awesome!
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #97
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
A blog I follow just posted this Groupon of the Day deal-it's for a nut/candy store and it's $10 for $25 worth of product, and they do have some organic items Shipping is extra but I played around with the site and it looks like shipping is $5 for up to 2lbs.
Here's the Groupon site (I am NOT getting any referral credit for this-I just copied and pasted the link from the blog I found it on )
http://www.groupon.com/deals/nutty-g...utm_source=rvs
and here's the site it's for
http://nuttyguys.com/

I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, and get some of their organic apricots and flax seed
Thanks for sharing but I think I can't splurge on anything more this week.

Quote:
I have done 2 months of recipies and they are all AMAZING!! I use her Pesto, Beef Stroganuf, Salmon w/Fruit Salsa, Pan Seared Chicken Thighs, Rice Pilaf all frequently! They are all great though. I also got my homemade sausage recipe from her
Wow that is a glowing recommendation! I will have to remember that if I don't like Nourished Kitchen.

Quote:
VelcoMom - I agree that Azure Standard is awesome!
I wish they came out here.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #98
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

I watched Food Inc. and The Future of Food yesterday, then made DH watch it when he got home, then told another mom at our church group about it last night. Its crazy! I am totally in with you guys. We had already been starting to get more organics when we could afford it, but we had still not given up the sodas and a few snack foods. We are on a severely tight budget right now, but we are supposed to be getting some new renters April 1st, so that should get us back on track again. I looked at Azure Standard, but I dont get the whole "drop" thing. I SO wish we could do a regular Co-op on here for them. If there isnt a "drop" point anywhere near me, and I want to purchase less than $550 worth, I just cant order at all, or what?

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #99
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Thanks for sharing but I think I can't splurge on anything more this week.

Wow that is a glowing recommendation! I will have to remember that if I don't like Nourished Kitchen.

I wish they came out here.
I had referral credit saved up from a while back so I was able to get two of them for free-otherwise I'm right with ya! I bought running shoes and socks last week, and now I'm not spending any extra money in a long time! Ok, I am going to get some of those kefir grains pp offered, but then that's it lol!

Last edited by myfrugalfunlife; 03-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #100
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
I had referral credit saved up from a while back so I was able to get two of them for free-otherwise I'm right with ya! I bought running shoes and socks last week, and now I'm not spending any extra money in a long time! Ok, I am going to get some of those kefir grains pp offered, but then that's it lol!
I am right there with you! I need to order DS some sun hats. However at $20 a pop for them I am dragging my feet. I know when his playset gets here (in about 2 weeks) we are really going to want them though. So I guess I better do it soon. I also need to get him some sun glasses. I think I will order those from the same place. We have a separate budget for this but I am scared because we have a lot of money flow things happening right now. We purchased a shed, playset, getting the side of beef, starting this diet, have budgeted for floor and closet organizer in our closet and a new bed for us. All being done RIGHT now. So it is a bit scary! Even though it is budgeted.