Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your baby sleep on back or belly?

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/74/00/33...32_215X215.jpg

Features & Specifications

Stop worrying while your baby sleeps. Angelcare Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor brings peace of mind for concerned parents. Alarm goes off if absolutely no movement is detected for 20 seconds, while the sound monitor lets you hear the slightest sound.
2 Monitors in 1...movement and sound monitor
Gives you peace of mind you need to get the rest you need
Movement sensor will detect your baby's slightest movement
If absolutely no movement is detected for 20 seconds an alarm will sound to notify you
Movement sensor works with any size crib mattress
A top-quality sound monitor is included
Listen to your baby sleep peacefully

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...00000001353000

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know how old your DC is but have you tried swaddling again? I noticed with my son (who I didn't swaddle I don't know why) that when he was on his back his hands would wake him up. But when he was on him stomach he would tuck his hands under his belly and they wouldn't. Also my pedi said when they are able to roll on their stomachs by them self they are usually out of the high risk for SIDS catagory.

Now with DD she is almost 3 months old and she still needs to be swaddle and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Its the only way she will sleep at night. She's also a side sleep which is now a NO NO but whenever I wake up (we co-sleep also) I'll put her on her back and then she'll move on her side.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All four of mine have been belly sleepers. They all started out sleeping with us full-time, then around 2mo they start the night in a cradle or bassinet and end up in bed with us. They wouldn't sleep on their backs for more than 20min. Eliana just got a new crib and she sleeps in there (about 2ft away from our bed ) on her belly.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

My 17 month old sleeps drapped over a boppy in his own bed. New baby sleeps on his back or side.......or in someone's arms *sigh*
Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #15
aschrimp
Registered Users

DS sleeps on his side or back and we co-sleep. When he was younger, we had to swaddle him, or he would wake when he was on his back - babies startle is activated when they are on their backs, and de-activated when they are on thier tummies, that is why they will always sleep better on their tummies. One way you can help to shut down the startle and keep them on their backs is firm swaddling. We swaddled ds for almost 6 months.

That being said, a lot of my girlfriends babies slept on thier stomachs in spite of the sids risk because, in the end, you all have to get sleep somehow or other.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:27 AM   #16
~Woollybottoms Mama~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why is it those positions are always a "no-no" at some point in time. It goes from you must lay them on the tummy, to "back-to-sleep". blah-blah. Who really knows???? I always did what felt right to me and what the kids liked. They both preferred to lay on their stomach from the time they were newborns. Caleb at almost 2, flips right over to his stomach as soon as he is put to bed and assumes the sleep position for him right away. With my first one, I agonized because you were supposed to let them sleep on their back, and I always worried if something happened it would be my fault. One day when I was changing her, while laying on her back, she spit up and it would not come out. Her lips turned blue right away and she could not catch her breath. I had to pull her up and get her breathing properly. Scared the poop out of me and I said to myself no way could those doctors or whoever be right with the back sleeping thing. Plus I have a nephew that always slept on his back, and the back of his head was flat... weird. Just my
~Woollybottoms Mama~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #17
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I too do what feels right. And for me what felt right for both kids was tummy sleeping. Interestingly enough, they both slept through the night by two months... even Tyler who was cosleeping right next to the milk maid
Old 06-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #18
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Morgan always slept on her back (first child) , and Maddy sleeps on her tummy. I think that Maddy is just more comfy so I put her on her tummy and she sleeps pretty good.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #19
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

All my kids started on their backs, cause I was major paranoid about SIDS, but once they rolled over they all slept on their tummies..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #20
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

Audrianna sleeps on her belly she has always been a pacifier baby which helped her keep her head to the side.
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote