Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #21
findingstrength
Registered Users

Re: home birth moms

well, i keep telling myself you can do anything for an hour....4 hours,,,,8 hours... a day when it comes to work. so i was thinking of using a similar strategy for labor. lol

Advertisement

Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingstrength View Post
well, i keep telling myself you can do anything for an hour....4 hours,,,,8 hours... a day when it comes to work. so i was thinking of using a similar strategy for labor. lol
That is perfect! And really, all you have to do is make it through one contraction. They won't double up on you, just make it through one at a time. You can totally do it!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #23
findingstrength
Registered Users

heres what I'm thinking....my hospital labors are always manageable until the water breaks. And then it gets a little rough. So, hopefully with out someone with a big amnihook.....my water will stay in place long enough for me to get to transisition
Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #24
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, definitely contractions get more intense when your water breaks. You can build a really strong amniotic sac with lots of vitamin C, too. I had amniotic sac of steel (DD was very nearly born in the caul) because I love Emergen-C when I'm pregnant.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #25
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tend to keep busy around the house doing housework, etc. With my last homebirth this past August, my husband thought it was funny that he could hear me stopping and moaning periodically during contractions but he didn't know where I was since I was all over the house putting away laundry, misplaced toys, etc. Then when I can't do that anymore, I tend to park myself on the toilet. I've had three homebirths, and for all of them, I've found it comfortable (well, as comfortable as labor can get I guess!) to sit on the toilet -- I've lovingly dubbed that toilet as "the labor throne". Anyways, when I tire of that, I get in the labor tub (I'd get in sooner but I'm usually waiting for it to fill up!) and the warm water does wonders!
Kristin
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Yes, definitely contractions get more intense when your water breaks. You can build a really strong amniotic sac with lots of vitamin C, too. I had amniotic sac of steel (DD was very nearly born in the caul) because I love Emergen-C when I'm pregnant.
Interesting!! Wow - I never knew that. I drank emergen-c during my pregnancy and took vit. c tablets, and had to have my water broken at 9cm, when I was feeling the urge to push.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #27
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Vitiam C really works. My seventh baby was born in the caul on dry land. Needless to say she was one surprised baby.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #28
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I take vit C the last several weeks of pregnancy too. It strengthens your sac and helps to prevent premature rupture of membranes. Labor is easier on both of you w/ intact membranes.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #29
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

About handling the pain and "you don't know if you can do it."

Just remember that there is no way you can't do it. Even if you scream like a fool the birth continues with or without your permission.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #30
Mrs.Adams
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899 View Post
About handling the pain and "you don't know if you can do it."

Just remember that there is no way you can't do it. Even if you scream like a fool the birth continues with or without your permission.
This was just too funni-ly put to not comment on...lol....