Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

What do you do when your little ones get yeast? Keep using cloth? Buy sposies? What do you use on their bottoms? How do you wash/strip your diapers?

Background:
My little guy has a yeast rash. I have continued using my CD. I wash on hot and I have been stripping and drying everything on hot. I have been hanging as much as I can in a window for sun exposure. I use Extra virgin coconut oil on the rash. My wipes solution is water and GSE. So a week ago I pulled out some anti fungal cream and it still hasn't changed. Our ped was really supportive of using the GSE and the coconut oil and was bummed it wasn't working because he had just learned about using EVCO himself. So he ordered nystatin and I bought sposies because I was tired of stripping.

Advertisement

Last edited by tedcgh; 03-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you do when the yeast monster attacks?

Prefolds or other diapers that I can bleach and CJ's yeast ointment for the babe.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
ISO: BG sized AIOS in working condition AND Imagine Flats in Tree Friends print.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I forgot about bleach.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bleach all the cloth & use nystatin and sposies for a week until it is all gone! Good luck!
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
CJsNatureMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try plain yogurt directly on the rash. After 3 days my dd's rash cleared up completely!
CJsNatureMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
Prefolds or other diapers that I can bleach and CJ's yeast ointment for the babe.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
michellelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CJs yeast worked for use when nystatin, clortimzole, coconut butter failed.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
TruthBeTold004
Registered Users

I would just switch to disposables, because it is easier for the time being, and I also have used the yogurt trick. It works wonders, but it has to be the plain yogurt, no flavors or fruits.

I think there are also baby probiotic drops, or if your baby is old enough to eat the yogurt then also feed it to them. The yogurt has a ton of probiotics which will help with the yeast infection.

You can also use the nystatin cream, just be sure to apply it as directed, otherwise the infection will get worse.

Hope this helps!
TruthBeTold004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the tips about the yogurt. I have some plain yogurt in the fridge. Maybe I will try it between the changes I use the nystatin. I started him on probiotics several weeks ago when I first got sick and started antibiotics. I was hoping they were going to prevent it. I cant imagine how messed up his gut would have been if I hadn't. I already can't wait to get him back in his cloth because the smell of the sposies when I pull them out of the package grosses me and my daughter keeps asking me why I am putting scratchy diapers on her brother.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
twinkerbell
Registered Users
seller

I've been using clortimzole 2 times a day on my dd's rash. It seems to be clearing up. I've continued to use cloth and I just use a fleece liner when using the cream. I've been washing my diapers with a little bleach and adding vinegar and tea tree oil to the first rinse just to be safe. It's working alright so far. We'll have to see when/if hers clears up. She's been using the clortimzole for about 5 days now and the sores are healed but she still has some red spots. I may have to try the plain yogurt as well. Worth a try!