Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone go into labor sporadically?

With ds1 I was napping and at exactly noon I woke up with contractions. I didn't ever have BH prior to that, and I had a bloody show after I was in labor. So I didn't know prior and didn't think it would be that day either.

With ds2 I was in prodomal labor for 8 days prior to my water breaking on it's own.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
im with you there leaner, just kinda hoping ill be a lucky one who stands up and boom my water breaks!lol
It does happen! Like they say, everyone is different!

Sure, I lost my plug, but I don't count that as a for sure sign of labor anyway. I was not crampy, not even dilated or thinned at all when I went to the doc that morning. I woke up to pee in the middle of the night and my water was slowly leaking. I kept thinking I might be peeing myself! lol
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had no signs of labor whatsoever. At 41 weeks by water broke and 7 hours later she was out. I never lost a MP, had any Braxton Hicks or anything.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup, and it wasn't until after my water broke and I was at the hospital that anything (besides water breaking) started happening.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #15
AidenJsmom10
Registered Users

Stood up to get out of my car, and BAM my water broke. It was my due date, and I had just been talking about how I KNEW he wasn't coming on time!
AidenJsmom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #16
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Yes! With DD1, my husband got in the shower and I was fine; by the time he got out of the shower, I was having STRONG contractions every 1-2 minutes and we went straight to the hospital (I was 36 weeks). I had had NO signs of labor until then, and my water didn't break until she was born...45 minutes after we got to the hospital. Good luck!

Last edited by twogirlsmama; 03-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.
twogirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

W/ most of mine I never had impending signs, just went into labor or my water broke.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

Me! I went into see my midwife when I was 41 weeks with my daughter. She checked me, and I was was still at the same place as I was at 35 weeks. That was the last time she had checked me as I allowed her to do it when she did the the Group B Strep testing, but didn't after that. I was barely 1 cm dilated, and maybe 75% effaced. My cervix was also really, really high and posterior. She felt that labor would not be coming on its own, so we needed to think of other options before I turned 42 weeks.

Anyway, I had no signs of labor coming! NONE! It was so depressing as I was looking at a VBAC and could not be induced. Well, I went home, went to bed at 9, then was woken up at 11 with a strong contraction. I went to pee as it still had not hit me it was a contraction. When I wipes, there was my mucus plug. :] It just hit all of a sudden. So, yes, it is VERY possible! Good luck mama!

ETA: I never do have braxton hicks or anything like that during my pregnancies either.
Now expecting baby #6!
My Etsy Store: The Mom and Tot Shop

Last edited by CharmedMama; 03-07-2011 at 11:59 AM.
CharmedMama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every woman does go into labor eventually, promise. We need to keep in mind that only about 30% of women go into labor spontaneously before their EDD.

With my 2nd I had no warning text books signs of impending labor. I just went into labor.
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
im with you there leaner, just kinda hoping ill be a lucky one who stands up and boom my water breaks!lol
I had this happen with DS, except I sat down after a shower and pop. No BH, nothing to indicate he was coming anytime soon.

This time I have lost my mucus plug and had one random night of contractions, but I have a feeling it's going to be the same way as DS.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote