Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #21
Taylan's Mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone go into labor sporadically?

With my first I had BH for 5+ weeks, and lost my plug 2 weeks before he was born. It got to the point that these ended up not being tell tale signs of labor. He was born the day before his due date, but we really thought he was going to come early with everything else going on. (Although I'm hoping to spontaneous, super short, pain-free with #2)

Advertisement

Taylan's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I argued for hours about that the week before my due date. I insisted that I could drive myself to my parents' house because labor and birth doesn't happen like in the movies, it takes a long time to build up, especially for first time moms.

Never had ANY braxton hicks, baby hadn't dropped, no loss of mucous plug...etc. Woke my husband up after 3 hours of mild cramping on my due date, went straight to transition and pushing and when he kept asking me why I couldn't get to the car, I could only say "IT"S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS FAST!"

So...from my experience it's definitely possible. It's just not as common. I would think that the baby would have to be in a really good position. It was really stressed at the Spinning Babies seminar that I went to recently that so much of labor is not about dilation, but about the baby's descent through the pelvis. If you have a roomy pelvis, or the baby isn't too big, or the baby's in a good position and everything just fits together just so...labor can be really really fast.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenJsmom10 View Post
Stood up to get out of my car, and BAM my water broke. It was my due date, and I had just been talking about how I KNEW he wasn't coming on time!
hahaha- this was me also. I told my gym water exercise buddies that I would see them next week (at 7:00 pm), and by 5 the next morning she was born! I even ate chinese food for dinner that night. If I had known I would be having a baby 4 hours later, it wouldn't have been my first choice.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #24
alexandrapasko
Registered Users
seller

With my second, my water broke when I got out of bed at night and he was born 2 hrs later. I never felt contractions until I was at the hospital. No warning, and def very fast compared to my induction with my first. Don't stress, and just remember that you don't have control over it. Just let happen what will happen and enjoy it. Good luck!
alexandrapasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first, it just hit, and he was born 8 hours later.

With my second, I thought it hit, but then it never got intense and it fizzled out. I guess that was early labor because after a few hours of nothing, it hit again and she was born 2 hours later.

I never lost my plug or had cramping or anything before-hand.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #26
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was squatting in front of the fridge at 37w5d and baby boy must have been in the perfect position because my water broke. I heard a pop, felt a gush, stood to go to the bathroom and gushed and gushed on the way there. I had never had any contractions (well, noticeable "real" ones) at that point nor lost my mucus plug or anything until I got to the hospital. So, pretty sporadic.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #27
diapermommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both of my boys. I lost part of my plug several days before dd was born.