Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
swalker97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you do for "me time"?

I had my first child when I was 19, that was 17 years ago. We now have 5 children 1, 3, 7, 14 & 17 (and one angel in heaven). I work 40-50 hours per week and DH works 24hr shifts every third day. The only think I ever do that is just me is go to the grocery store...I don't even know what I would do if I had the time to do anything, but I'm about to lose it and I need to find an outlet for me.
So, what do you do for yourself?

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: What do you do for "me time"?

The only "me time" I get is in the shower. I look forward to it everyday, lol. Sometimes I watch a little tv after my son goes to bed so I guess that is considered me time too
iwiamandaiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

DS. We only have one and he's close to 3 and pretty easy to deal with. I get a lot more me time than I used to, but for the first two years, my "me" time was exercising.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya mama! I don't have 5; I have an almost 5yo and an almost 5mo old. I work 40-50 and DH goes to school. He's supposed to be a SAHD during the day, but he basically tends to their basic needs and studies. Im cool with that, but it leaves me doing all the working, all the house work and NEVER having time for me. Im exhausted. Before we moved, I'd get up at 5:00am and work out in the other end of the house. Now, we live in a tiny cabin and If I were to work out, everyone would be awake with me and under foot. So thats out! I thought about trying to squeeze a work out or walk or SOMETHING into my lunch "break" but thats when I pump, take the recycling and pay bills! UHHHGG!
If you figure it out, let me know, cause its driving me CRAZY!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya mama! I don't have 5; I have an almost 5yo and an almost 5mo old. I work 40-50 and DH goes to school. He's supposed to be a SAHD during the day, but he basically tends to their basic needs and studies. Im cool with that, but it leaves me doing all the working, all the house work and NEVER having time for me. Im exhausted. Before we moved, I'd get up at 5:00am and work out in the other end of the house. Now, we live in a tiny cabin and If I were to work out, everyone would be awake with me and under foot. So thats out! I thought about trying to squeeze a work out or walk or SOMETHING into my lunch "break" but thats when I pump, take the recycling and pay bills! UHHHGG!
If you figure it out, let me know, cause its driving me CRAZY!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
pink5
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love your profile picture!

Still trying to find me time....early morning runs?
pink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do lots - but we only have one kid so far, and I've always been more social/active than DH. I sing in my church choir, I go out with friends occasionally, at work I meet friends once or twice a week for lunch (I'm going to miss that!), I go to ICAN meetings without DS, and I've been trying to do treadmill time a few nights a week. Oh and I also do a meal prep service once a month - it's an hour or two on my feet making food, but I'm all by my lonesome or with a friend. beats trying to cook in my own kitchen with DS saying "Up!" every two seconds.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
dr_comer
Registered Users

I play roller derby. DH watches DS two nights a week so I can practice. I've met really great women, it's great exercise and it's very empowering. It was really hard to give myself time but I'm so glad I did it. Check out your local roller derby league, you maybe surprised!

Ask me about roller derby: www.charlottesvillederbydames.com
dr_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I work part time (20hrs/wk) but I love my job so I often joke that it's my 'me time'! I have one friend who lives somewhat close to me but we rarely go out. I need to work out more regularly again because I feel so much better when I do.
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any. I keep thinking "as soon as the kids _______" (fill in the blank)
So far, they haven't.