Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: how early was your preemie,and when did they hit milestones?

Samuel and David were born at 35w2d. David was born at 6lbs 2 oz and Samuel was born at 4lbs 8oz. David is the same size as a term baby born when he was. Samuel is the same size as a term baby born on their original due date. They're developmentally more like children of their original due date

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #22
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Sophie was born at 35 weeks. Babies in my family are very large so I think her 6.5 lb size helped her. She had some jaundice and feeding issues early on bc we couldn't wake her up. The only serious complication we have had is bronchiolitis resulting from RSV that landed her in the hospital for a week at 6 mos. She is now a 23 lb 9 month old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3904444436.jpg (9.9 KB, 66 views)
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #23
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my quads were born at 27W2D and are now 24 months actual/ 21 adjusted. I don't remember when they hit most of the milestones Life was a blur for the first year-year and a half. Heck it is still a blur They are all walking and have tons of signs but not as many words as they should:-( They were always pretty close to their adjusted age for milestones but I haven't had early intervention evaluate them for about 8months...gotta call them to get an appt.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #24
MrsLombardi10
Registered Users
seller

E.W. is a 34 weeker. He has his all his milestones when he should, but he's super small for his age. We went to see the doctor on Tuesday for his 3 month Well Baby visit and he's 10lbs 7oz and 22 inches long. It's great because he was 4lbs 4oz when we brought him home, but he's still fitting into NB clothes!
MrsLombardi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #25
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Isaac was a 28 weeker and he started sitting up alone at 8 months, started crawling at 12 months -- Christmas day actually and he was born on Dec. 10th.... and he started walking at 15 months- all with the help of PT that he was getting since he was 7 months old through early intervention..... and he started speech at 3 years old and is still in it for a few minor articulation sounds (and he is almost 7) Which I would have started him in speech earlier.... my full term kiddos both had speech also -- the one I waited till she was 3 -- she is still in it at 5 and my youngest I started at about 16 months and he was discharged from it with SUPER articulation and language skills at 29 months.... I totally totally believe in early intervention.. the longer its put off the longer the intervention... personal experinece...
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
eandgmom
Registered Users

Giovanni was a 34 weeker. He is 7 mo actual. He can roll over. He can prop-sit for a few seconds, but is NOT solo sitting.
eandgmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #27
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Subbing. DS#2 is a 25-weeker but since he's only four days old today, I have no milestones to report.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #28
eandgmom
Registered Users

Oh wow! Congrats, momma. Good luck with the Recovery/Nicu time.
eandgmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #29
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was a 36 weeker, and he hit all of his milestones just about when he should have. He was just a bit delayed with speech, but not by much... he started talking when he was about 18 months old and once he hit age 2, he progressed very rapidly with no intervention. He is now almost 5 years old and is exceeding with everything. He's learning new things every day!

DD1 was "full term", 37 weeker, and everything was totally on target with her. She's 3 and perfectly fine.

DD2 was a 33 weeker. She began crawling and sitting up on her own at about 8 months, but she did not pull up and/or cruise until 16 months old, and did not walk until just shy of 17 months old. She was very expressive and engaged whenever we interacted with her but her speech was also delayed. She babbled a lot but did not say her first coherent word until 19 months old. However, like DS, she's progressed pretty rapidly from there. She's 23 months old now and is starting to speak in sentences - "I is Charwhit" (I am Charlotte ), "Shuddup, 'addie!" (shut up Maddie ), "I so coot" (I'm so cute ). She's saying more complicated things, too, and we try to teach her a new word as often as we can.

DD3 is a 33 week, 5 day baby and she's now almost 10 months old. She doesn't babble or speak so I am fearing (dreading!) another diagnosis of speech delay but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Physically she is doing very well. She started crawling at 8 months, sitting up by 8 months, rolling over by 5 months. She just pulled herself up to stand on her own for the first time yesterday, using the couch!! Maybe cruising isn't too far behind?

Last edited by Almacham; 12-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #30
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weintz8 View Post
Wow all of your babies caught up so fast!

Noah was born at 27 weeks and is now 7(years) and is at about a 6 month old developmentaly.
thats hard!!

Maggie Jo is now 14 months and is beginning to walk a few steps, and can say ight night and mama, dadda

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote