Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile B-6 for nausea question-update in OP:)It REALLY works!

***UPDATE- I took 50mg twice yesterday and 3 times today and I feel WONDERFUL!!! I can't believe it took til my 4th pregnancy to learn about this! I can't wait to share this info with every woman I know who gets pregnant. Thanks you so much ladies for sharing with me!!!!

I ran across a post a few days a go that had a mama mention somewhere in the responses about B-6 for morning sickness. She even gave specific doses that her dr had her taking after every meal. Now that I went and bought some B-6 I can't find the post to see how much her dr recommended taking. I can't find anything on the web about real specific dosing. My MW said she was cool with me trying it but she didn't suggest a particular amount. I took just the recommended dose on the bottle yesterday and today and I do feel better but for some reason I feel like I should be taking that much like 3 times a day. If the mama who posted how much she takes reads this I would love to know how much to take

Advertisement

Last edited by badhayrday; 03-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B-6 for nausea question

B6 is THE only thing that worked when I was pregnant.
Dr suggested 50mg B6 and a unisom at bedtime. It worked wonders for me, and a bonus- B6 tends to give you energy!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Vitamin B6: Taking 25 mg of B6 throughout the day, not exceeding 150 mg. may help ‘shut off’ the nausea ‘control-centre’ in your brain. Many women are deficient in B vitamins at the onset of pregnancy, especially those who were previously on oral contraceptives.

Avoid taking your supplements on an empty stomach.

got all this info from here:

http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/...al/nausea.html

I found this while searching this morning Im dealing with the same thing and I have to work full time out of the home so Im miserable... Im going to try the B6 and do it small doseages at every meal crossing my fingers hope it works. Check out the website it has other remedies listed

Last edited by frenchyloveslarry; 03-07-2011 at 02:11 PM.
frenchyloveslarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

subbing
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took 50mg in the morning and 50mg at night w/ my last three. I did combine it w/ unisom or bonine.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
brooks9
Registered Users
seller

My dr recommended 25 mg of B6 three times per day, and a Unisom with the evening dose for nausea.
brooks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What does Unisom do?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJordan85 View Post
What does Unisom do?
I wonder too besides make you sleepy. I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says that it comes in two forms:
a) 25mg Doxylamine and
b) 50mg Diphenhydramine A.K.A Benadryl

Both forms are said to be a good antiemetic or anti-nausea and it said to combine type a with B6 for this purpose.Very interesting. I can't take Benadryl and a lot of other antihistamines because they keep me awake and make me feel like I have bugs under my skin. I'm a little hesitant to try a new kind of antihistamine but if I can find the type a kind I might have to try it once to see what happens.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhayrday View Post
I wonder too besides make you sleepy. I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says that it comes in two forms:
a) 25mg Doxylamine and
b) 50mg Diphenhydramine A.K.A Benadryl

Both forms are said to be a good antiemetic or anti-nausea and it said to combine type a with B6 for this purpose.Very interesting. I can't take Benadryl and a lot of other antihistamines because they keep me awake and make me feel like I have bugs under my skin. I'm a little hesitant to try a new kind of antihistamine but if I can find the type a kind I might have to try it once to see what happens.

You need to take the doxylamine succinate unison or equivalent in generic OTC. It doesn't knock you out, I was able to take it and function and not puke my guts out.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
brooks9
Registered Users
seller

Sorry - I should have mentioned that earlier. It was recommended that I take the sleep tab version of Unisom (Doxylamine Succinate) and not the other form, in combination with the B6. I did find that it helped my nausea in the first trimester.
brooks9 is offline   Reply With Quote