Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
fedoragirl
Registered Users
seller

2nd pregnancy--not showing and no symptoms

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have lost quite a bit of weight because of general stress related to other things. I always thought that one showed sooner in 2nd pregnancies but I am thinner than I was after giving birth to my 1st child.
Moreover, I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms other than tenderness of breasts and areolas darkening.
I am always worried that I have miscarried even though I clearly saw and heard the baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks.
Most people on other forums claim that they are showing at 5,6,8 weeks already--and I am depressed that I am not even showing.
Any experiences?

Advertisement

fedoragirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 2nd pregnancy--not showing and no symptoms

I looked bloated up until 20 weeks with my first. Then I started showing a little bit, but it wasn't noticeable until I was already 30 weeks!! I was JUST starting to get the question "when are you due" when I was 38 weeks already! Delivered her at 39 weeks at a full 6lb 10oz so she wasn't that tiny. I have a tilted uterus so I show late.

Maybe yours is tilted too? That was my first. I'm not sure how my second will show.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pregnant with #3 right now, and I'm telling you, I didn't start showing or even need maternity clothes until after we found out what we were having! Maybe even after 20 weeks. With #2 I did show sooner, it seems like I was showing right away. But I lost a lot of weight and was thinner when I got pregnant this time. Of course.... I'm showing now But it did take a while. Maybe your weight & being thinner does have something to do with it. I'm alway a little skeptical about people saying they are showing at 6 and 8 weeks anyway... I just don't believe it
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any experiences with a second child, but I had pretty much the same thing with my first daughter. I had no symptoms of pregnancy until I could feel her moving, really. It makes me worried that I'll get pregnant while nursing my daughter and not notice...My 39 week photos with my daughter looked more like "normal" 7-month photos for most women. I started getting irritated that no one was asking me about when I was due, lol.

I also have lost weight from where I was before I was pregnant with my daughter, so I'm curious about what the next pregnancy will look like. Keep us posted! hehe.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also wanted to add, I was 115 pounds! I was small and I still didn't show hardly at all. At 39 weeks on my way to the hospital already in labor, I look like I'm about 25-30 weeks.

And I didn't have any symptoms either, no joke. The way I KNEW I was pregnant was my missed period. I was a little tired in the beginning (the first few weeks), but no nausea and I didn't have other symptoms either!

Good Luck, but everything is just fine.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
pbb119
Registered Users
seller

With dd (baby #4) I had still been nursing ds3 and had only 1 cycle when I got pg. I didn't know I was pg until I was 13 wks! I had gained no weight and had absolutely no symptoms. I did not start showing until about 26 wks and never really wore maternity clothes (low rise jeans and babydoll shirts). Whereas w/ds3 I started gaining and showing at around 12 wks! Every pg is different! Congrats!
pbb119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

I was similar... except at 10 weeks, we didn't get the heart beat, so I went and took another pregnancy test!!! Well... a few more... All was fine. Everyone is different as is every pregnancy

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM0529 View Post
I looked bloated up until 20 weeks with my first. Then I started showing a little bit, but it wasn't noticeable until I was already 30 weeks!! I was JUST starting to get the question "when are you due" when I was 38 weeks already! Delivered her at 39 weeks at a full 6lb 10oz so she wasn't that tiny. I have a tilted uterus so I show late.

Maybe yours is tilted too? That was my first. I'm not sure how my second will show.
same here! I had no morning sickness or anything, either. I had a healthy 6lbs baby. Enjoy your pregnancy and chalk up your feelings to normal anxiety.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I looked a little bloated maybe at best. With DS I was huge but had other issues going on, this time around I've measured right on target but it took me a long time to show. I'm 27 weeks now and people are stopping me to congratulate me, ask my due date and find out if I know gender, they are surprised to hear how soon I'm due too, since they had no idea. It was more like I popped overnight
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

I'm on my fourth pregnancy (third baby) and didn't show this time until probably around 15 weeks. Everyone is different!