Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
WoodSprite
Registered Users
Formerly: TangerineFlamingo
seller
seller

My Mood:
bruising?

I just noticed I have several small bruises, probably dime-sized, on my arms and legs.
I'm really pale and have dealt with anemia in the past, so I am just wondering if this could be a symptom of anemia coming back? I haven't bumped anything to get bruises.. with the HG, I spend most of my time sitting in my bed, or on the couch.
I can't see my new OB until march 7th, so was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Advertisement

WoodSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: bruising?

Are they tender and/or warm to the touch?

I ask because I had unexplained bruises on my legs a few years back and when they got really painful I went to urgent care. The doc came in and immediately sent me to the ER because he said it was an infection that needed to be treated immediately They never quite figured out what it was (they were guessing possibly sarcoidosis or lupus), but they did run a pg test on me (was on BCP at the time) because they said it happens sometimes during a pregnancy. They went away after a trial of steroids and an antibiotic though

Hope you get some relief soon
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
WoodSprite
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, they don't hurt at all and don't feel warm.
I do have Lupus, but haven't had a flair up in a long time.. hmm.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineFlamingo View Post
No, they don't hurt at all and don't feel warm.
I do have Lupus, but haven't had a flair up in a long time.. hmm.
I'm sorry to hear that (my grandma passed away after a bout with lupus)

Yeah, I'm not sure of the connection - but they ran all sorts of tests to rule lupus out

I was honestly scared out of my mind to go to urgent care because I thought they'd think my DH was abusing me or something Then it turned into "oh no, I might be pregnant", then "oh no, I might have some chronic disease"

Are you planning on holding out until your appt? Can you call a nurse to run it by them?
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
WoodSprite
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I already have asked to see the nurse or DR about my HG, but they refuse and will not see me until the 7th. Really annoying.
I have a general practice DR who has been helping me with the HG until I can get in to the OB, so I may just try to get an appt with him this week.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I get small bruises like that all the time, even when I am not pregnant. I am anemic, and it happens way more frequent while pregnant because my anemia gets worse.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Rapunzel10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was pregnant (both times) I got bruise-looking spots that sound exactly like what you describe. I don't have lupus or any other chronic disease, and have never had anemia. I do have very visible veins, which become positively unreal when pregnant (I'm pale, too - that doesn't help). The spots just seemed like tiny burst blood vessels to me, my doctor was unconcerned, and said he'd seen them before and not to worry about them. Some went away, some never did, but nothing else ever happened with them. I hope yours turn out as uneventful as mine
Rapunzel10 is offline   Reply With Quote