Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone go into labor sporadically?

So at 38 weeks everyone keeps telling me "it could just happen"
But really what are the chances of it just happening without loosing the plug, having menstrual crampy feeling ect,...,

Anyone have labor just "hit"?

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone go into labor sporadically?

With my second I never had any braxton hicks contractions (never had any with my first either), I never noticed losing a mucus plug, I just started having contractions here and there several hours apart. I didn't even realize they were contractions because with my first my water broke and I didn't have any contractions until they put me on pitocin - and pitocin contractions are very different that regular contractions. The contractions got closer together, although they weren't at regular intervals. I finally started the pump 10 minutes, walk 10 minutes and that got them going in a pattern. So in my case it seems like when its time things just start happening, there's no big build up, and I can't tell its going to happen soon.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Me!! With my first I didn't know I was in labor. I had very, very minor cramps. I wouldn't even call them cramps that I thought were just because of the internal I had earlier in the day. After 5 hours of very minor cramps or spasms my mother made me call the Dr. He hooked me up & turns out I just have a very high pain threshold because those suckers were registering high & long on the monitor. Went to the hospital & had dd an hour later. Never did have any pain.

Last edited by Rockinmama24; 03-06-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My labor with DD started just out of the blue. My water didn't break until she was crowning, and I didn't lose my plug until many, many hours into labor.

Sure, it can start in lots of ways, and anytime!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

With my third, I had nothing of note until the first contraction. He was out less than three hours later
Old 03-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! With my 2nd there was no warning at all. No plug, no cramps, no water. By the time I started feeling the contractions and made it to the hospital I was already at 6cm and delivered after 1 push 2 hours later.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had plenty of Braxton hicks, but no noticeable plug loss, no real "early" labor tbh- I woke up from a nap soaked in my waters and delivered a couple hours later.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep... with my first I just had labor hit me. I went to bed at 11:30pm, woke up at 12:30 feeling a little ill, went to the bathroom and puked... and then went back to bed, then still felt a bit sick, so I was sitting up in bed and then thought, hang on my back hurts... hmm, hang on this pain is coming every 2 minutes... oh crap, i'm in labor! I lay on the bed vomiting and yelling things to DH and my mom to pack up the bag and we went straight to the hospital. 4 hours later, L was born.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #9
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wish or maybe I hope so... but it hasn't happened yet.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #10
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im with you there leaner, just kinda hoping ill be a lucky one who stands up and boom my water breaks!lol