Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Homemade diaper pail liners

I'd like to make my own diapers pail liners, any suggestions? I heard about someone making one from fleece, does this really keep the stink away from my diaper pail?

Advertisement

Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
KKDJLJA
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade diaper pail liners

Personally I would do PUL or Procare. I think fleece would wick to easily. I use PUL but a friend of mine thinks procare is the best.
KKDJLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my diaper pail liner and I do think it really works to keep stink away, but it is made of PUL, not fleece, but I bet thick fleece would work the same.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I get PUL from my local fabric store? What about a pattern? Perhaps I am looking too much into this, but I am not much of a sewer. . haha
Old 03-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Can I get PUL from my local fabric store? What about a pattern? Perhaps I am looking too much into this, but I am not much of a sewer. . haha
Do you really want to make one, cuz if you are going to buy a pattern and fabric adn if you aren't much of a sewer it may be better to just buy a wahmmies or WAHM type pail liner.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I was planning on buying the materials, and having my MIL sew them- although I see the point- with all the materials, and the pattern, sheesh, I probably should just buy a new one!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Is there a pattern to make them? I mean obviously you could just sew a fold piece of material up the sides and add some FOE to the top but I was curious about how you would make the gussets at the bottom (so that it holds more!) I have one made by a WAHM and loving it! It has an elastic loop on it so you can wrap it around the top and close the bag on the way to wherever you do your laundry! You can even take it with you on daytrips/ vacation, etc... it is better quality IMO then a Wahmie ( I have one of those too, not liking it)

I got mine from Ebay, user name littlefornow or I think that you can order them from her website, www.littlefornow.com
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

I am thinking of doing this too and I too am not a sewer. As for a pattern, my current pail liner is from Walmart and is just two rectangles sewn together and that will be my pattern. I don't have measurements, but it's just the height and width (plus some) of the pail plus several more inches in heigh (to fold it over the edge). There is no gusset at the bottom and it makes no difference.

For a closure, there is just a drawstring, which I don't even use just to tote it to my downstairs laundry. If you do a drawstring, you can buy a plastic drawstring threader at JoAnn for like $3 and it will make it a cinch to pull the drawstring through. It is a flexible plastic thing shaped lkind of like one of those ribbon for breast cancer/autism/remember the troops awareness.

Lastly, you cannot buy pul at a regular store, only online. Maybe wazoodle is the name of a big diaper fabric store onine? Someone on another boiard said she used nylon fabric from JoAnns for her homemade bag and while it's not waterproof, it works ok. I may try that just because it's cheaper and, as I said, I'm not a sewer.

Lastly (again!), I would like two pail liners and two mini pail liners. It will take a bit of fabric, but if I do all that myself, I think that's a lot cheaper than buying from a WAHM, although I confess I haven't priced it.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote