Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
STK2
Registered Users
Formerly: t** **s
seller

My Mood:
Leaking Fluid.....Can someone help?

Ok just a bit of info first. I will 34wks tom and know that I am ready at 2cm about 30% effaced. This is my 3rd pregnancy (if that matters)
Ok on to my question I went to the bathroom about 45mins ago and realized my panties were wet, so thinking it was just some urine leakage I changed them. Now I have a clear spot about the size of a golf ball or a bit bigger. There is a funny odor and it clear no color at all! I was trying to do some research and read that I should put on a pad and lay down for about 30 mins and if I when I stand up I gush fluid that means I am leaking. Does anyone else have any suggestions has to how to tell or has had a small leak and can help? I know I should prolly call the dr but I was just there on Monday and was sent to LnD for over an hr and then sent home. I just don't want to be there again if it isn't needed! Thank you so much for your help!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leaking Fluid.....Can someone help?

I kept having this happen, and it was that I was leaking a little urine from the pressure of the baby. My doctor said if it had a funny smell it was most likely urine and not amniotic fluid. However, it wouldn't hurt to at least call your dr. I agree with lying down and putting on a pad can help you monitor how much it is and you can tell if it is clear or yellowish like urine.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
SoniaAndreia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i also had this issue at 36 weeks. i also thought it was urine. throughout the day i could feel little "squirts" here and there. put on a pad, but not much came of that. my underwear was wet and i thought i was peeing my pants. no smell, no color. i decided to ignore it since i had an OB appointment the next day. told her about it and she took a swab. it failed to turn the pH paper the correct color, but just to be on the safe side she looked at it under a microscope. if its fluid, it "ferns out." well, it ferned. my bag of waters had broken and i was supposed to have delivered DS within 24 hours of that to avoid possible infection. oops!
from the ob appointment, i was in the hospital on pitocin to induce delivery.
you should probably call your doc.
SoniaAndreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd call just in case.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
STK2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I was all set to get on here and say the pad is dry after sitting with legs up for 30 mins and now am unsure again.
Sonia when it dried on your panties was it still clear? The first spot dried up but a second spot came on top of that.
Guess I better go shower and shave just incase! Thanks ladies!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GL mama! I have also heard to wear panty liners to monitor the leakage, and not pads.. since pads will "soak" it up more so you can't really monitor the smell/color as well as if it was just going onto a thin liner.

Best Wishes! I'm 34w4d and I've been having contractions on and off for days. Pretty sure I'm not going to make another week or two.

I hope they find out for you, and I hope everything goes OK!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
STK2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It was a liner I had on, after I got up and had been moving around a bit I could kinda feel where it was a little wet but not 100% sure. So I took it off and when I went back to the bathroom there was another small spot. My kids are about to go to bed and when they do I will shower and put on another fresh pair of undies before I call the dr.
Question..will they just do a test strip to see or is it something more invasive? Just wondering what I am looking at when I call my Ob. Thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I am fairly sure mine broke and leaked for 2 days around 35 wks.

It sealed itself and stopped leaking within 3 days.

Personally, I don't worry too much unless there are other symptoms - fever, a MAJOR gush, regular contrax, putrid smell, discolored fluid, blood, etc. - b/c your water can break and reseal itself. Some women have their water break really early in pg and there is not really much that can be done other than to monitor it and hope it reseals itself.

That's just my personal feeling on it, and everyone has to do what they are comfortable with.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
mummum24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

o no! hope everything turns out ok and your not leaking mama. With ds when i had that they did a swab thing. They said it wasnt my amniotic fluid but it was just a more watery discharge. Keep us posted and GL!!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
STK2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finally decided to call just to ease my mind and Praise the Lord the test came back negative!!!! Thank you ladies for all your help and comments!!