Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
brittneyscott06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Thrifty maternity style

I found some things at thrift shops or on clearance racks in maternity sections. Large stretchy tops are good. I like the belly band for tummy coverage too. I use it under shirts that aren't maternity to cover my belly if they aren't quite long enough. Looks like it's just a layered top that way and is cute. I actually got a knock off belly band 3 pk for about $15 off ebay. I did find some cute tops on clearance racks at Rue 21 that were super cheap also and flowy bottoms (most were empire waist style tops) and they fit great. They were I think meant to go over leggings since they were 'tops' but so long they came down to/over the hips on me (5'3") so they cover the baby belly well even now that I'm further along. I wasn't spending a lot on maternity either since I wasn't sure if I'd be having any more so this worked well for me.

Advertisement

brittneyscott06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
brittneyscott06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Thrifty maternity style

Oh .. the belly bands are great for after baby too! I plan to use these under my normal shirts after baby to cover my belly when nursing instead of buying a nursing top wardrobe too.
brittneyscott06 is offline   Reply With Quote