Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nikky 100% cotton covers-compression leaks?

This is not the kind of cover that you can leave baby on for a long period of time. I actually only recommend those for babies prone to diaper rash or allergic to wool.

Advertisement

Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
jpabruzzese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have two and love them. I use mine at night and haven't had a problem. However my ds isn't a heavy wetter and a prefold will hold him all night without doublers. It's totally saturated and the cover might feel damp but I think it's from the breathability and not actual wetness.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabibaby View Post
This is not the kind of cover that you can leave baby on for a long period of time. I actually only recommend those for babies prone to diaper rash or allergic to wool.
I've found my cotton nikkys amoung my most reliable cover. Over nap naps long car trips its stoof though it all and has never let me down. Of course we still change often cause its the right thing but the cover is soo relaiable.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
Zabibaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I've found my cotton nikkys amoung my most reliable cover. Over nap naps long car trips its stoof though it all and has never let me down. Of course we still change often cause its the right thing but the cover is soo relaiable.

Deanna
Oh yes same here! I personally don't use the breathable cotton ones but if I were to use it I would only do so at home, where I can change immediately. Is like what pp mentioned, it might get damp but the good thing is that is breathable. Is excellent for sensitive skin babies, mine is not, that is why I don't use this model :-)). I use the wool one at night (NIJI), though.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

and for our extreme heat its a great choice! We are already hitting the 90s by summer ugg!

Deanna

Old 03-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much Mama's! I do want to try this cover but I am hesitant because my lo is a heavy wetter. I do use PUL with him but his skin does so much better when he is in wool. I thought I would try this cover for a more trim under the clothes option. Maybe I should try the Nikki wool wrap? How trim is it under clothes?
Queen Bee 2 Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #17
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

My current DD is a light to medium wetter as a whole but my first OMG she was a flooder and she did great with these covers. I'd deffiently give one a chance.

deanna

Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
Zabibaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee 2 Three View Post
Thanks so much Mama's! I do want to try this cover but I am hesitant because my lo is a heavy wetter. I do use PUL with him but his skin does so much better when he is in wool. I thought I would try this cover for a more trim under the clothes option. Maybe I should try the Nikki wool wrap? How trim is it under clothes?
the fit is pretty much the same (cotton is a bit more trim) but the breathable cotton will be awesome in summer. I use a lot of wool during the summer because I just can't imagine the feeling of wearing PUL in a hot California day! ufffffff...
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Old 03-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
cotton09
Registered Users
Formerly: cotton_all_the_way
seller

cotton cover? talk to me. I thought that you couldn't lanolize cotton? This sounds too good to be true! I was looking for something trim.
cotton09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton_all_the_way View Post
cotton cover? talk to me. I thought that you couldn't lanolize cotton? This sounds too good to be true! I was looking for something trim.
Nope, its not too good to be true. These covers have been around forever and are extremely durable and pass-onable too. Check out Zabibaby.com, also Babybunz.com and Babyworks. They are already treated to be waterproof, but you do have to wash them by hand or on a gentle cycle (what I do) to ensure they maintain their leak proof status. The breathable poly are super awesome, too

ETA, Niji covers, from the same manufacturer as Nikky in Japan, have all the same fabric options as Nikky. I have heard they are better for skinny babies, but mine is still on the way, so I cannot say for use. There is on SL left in BabyBunz's clearance section!

Last edited by ursaminor; 03-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.
ursaminor is offline   Reply With Quote